Why is my car leaning..with pic

6'5"? how do you even drive the car? i'm 5'11" and my head is like an inch away from the headliner.

leg room is the problem, i have to have my driver side floor pan replaced soon so i`m going to try to move the seat back some..I hope they can fad up something

I have read that same thing on here several times. That the southside traction bars cause frame damage. I have no experience with it, but some guys on here have frantically urged others to remove them immediatly. If you do a search on them I'm sure you'll find what I'm referring to.

Did I miss the obvious question already....
Are you sure the spring is in the seat up top properly? Mine fall out and have to be reset everytime I raise the car up, and my Pass side touches before Driver so I have to drop the car more until it touches then reset it again and then drop it all the way down.
When i had this prob thats exact what mine was. I plan to weld a tube from the top mount 4" down into the springs so it recenters as it comes under load each time.

Well I would first take those Southsides out and check the frame for frame damage. I would have suggested that first if I had known you were running those. Now I would say in order these could be your problems:

1. SouthSide junkbars have destroyed the frame
2. rubber isolator is gone from the drivers rear spring
3. Body bushings are missing

When you remove those bars, take pictures of the frame holes and post them up. Those things are horrible.:mad:

There are several threads showing what those southside bars do ranging from tearing the front mount off to just elongating the holes on the axle. You do need to start there for sure.

leg room is the problem, i have to have my driver side floor pan replaced soon so i`m going to try to move the seat back some..I hope they can fad up something

Agreed, leg room blows. I'm 6'4" and have no issues with the headliner, at 5'11" that other guy sounds like my Italian friends with short legs and a long torso :)

As for the lean, do you have spring isolators on the pass side but now the driver's side? Not sure it would make a 2" diff but it was worth a shot.

Agreed, leg room blows. I'm 6'4" and have no issues with the headliner, at 5'11" that other guy sounds like my Italian friends with short legs and a long torso :)

As for the lean, do you have spring isolators on the pass side but now the driver's side? Not sure it would make a 2" diff but it was worth a shot.

put new isolators in on both sides, that was one of my thoughts also..

A couple "items":
1. Take a look at the weld joint in the center of the x member between the springs. Cracked?
2. Raise the car w/ the suspension loaded. Measure from the floor to the body, and floor to the frame. repeat on each side. Subtract these #'s. This gives an exact body to frame dimension. Same? You mentioned rusted floor pan. Could be the body is down over the frame..Causes? Bad/missing mounts, or floors caved in and body sag...
Those SS bars are JUNK!

i just did this yesterday myself. my regal has a 1/2" lean to it perfect on the driver side front and back. so the easiest thing i thought would be switch the rear springs sides...when doing so i noticed the shocks needing replacing, so thought that could have been it...well after 3 hours of putting rear shocks in, remounting the springs(there newer lowering springs) double checked the perch's everything was seated good, frame is all good, etc....and wallah! still sits exactly the 1/2" lower on driver side as before...didnt change a thing.

so on to the front...i put a twist in spring helper on the front driver side and it helped almost 1/4"...so i found me problem is in the front drivers spring or shock area. shocks are fairly new and so are front springs also...most people wouldn't notice 1/2" but im picky. yours is wayyyyy more than 1/2". may be something in your front driver side as i found out yesterday. could be a busted shock or broke spring etc...

either way i like this thread!!!:p

i beg to differ....ive put new shocks on before on other G-body cars, and raised ride height by 1/4" or so....go out and take all 4 shocks off your car, drive it, come back and measure and see how it sits....:biggrin: just making something clear.

Springs support the weight of the vehicle & are directly related to most ride height issues. There are other major issues that cause ride height problems that have also been mentioned and discussed in this thread.

A shocks job is to simply return the vehicle to its original resting position as quickly and smoothly as possible, thats it, nothing more. It will NEVER impact ride height.

Just trying to make something clear:rolleyes: