Why is my car leaning..with pic

THE BLACK MAMBA

I`m using the Hotckis lowering spings and KYB shocks but the back on the driverside is leaning measured it 12`inches from the lower rear bumper and 14`inches on the pass side...so far i replaced both shocks and switched springs from pass to driver side and still the car leans on the driverside...what else do i need to do to fix the problem...thanks

Are you running an airbag in the passenger side only? Thats how mine looks with 15#s of air in it

my car leans a little bit to the right- maybe 1/2" difference, but enough to notice if you are looking at it.
but i think it probably comes pretty close to level once 240 pounds of me sits in the driver's seat..

Thats one heck of a lean. Has the car sat like that the whle time you have owned it or did it just recently start to lean? There are only a few things that could contribute to this. Since you have swapped springs from side to side, it's not a spring issue. You either have a few missing body bushings or you have damage to your frame. Another issue that could contribute would be front springs. If one spring is not the same as the other in the front, you will see the effects in the rear.

Thats one heck of a lean. Has the car sat like that the whle time you have owned it or did it just recently start to lean? There are only a few things that could contribute to this. Since you have swapped springs from side to side, it's not a spring issue. You either have a few missing body bushings or you have damage to your frame. Another issue that could contribute would be front springs. If one spring is not the same as the other in the front, you will see the effects in the rear.

well when i put the hotchkis lowering springs on front and back about 5yrs ago i did not notice the lean because i always back my car in, thats when i was driving it, i have not drove the car that much since...so i will check the bushings..

this is the pass side... and the driver side

my 87 had a bad lean , it was the rear swaybar

try unbolting it and see how it sits without it

if still no good try unbolting the front bar if you still have one

Just a thought

You're not running a ATR 1 3/8" bar are you ?
Mine would bind up the rear, even with Hotchkis lowers, and cause it to lean to one side. Broke a couple of grade 8 bolts too going into steep driveways. I got sick of the clunk it would make so I finally removed it and all is good.
Probably shaved what felt like 1000 lbs by removing it.:biggrin:

Matt

You're not running a ATR 1 3/8" bar are you ?
Mine would bind up the rear, even with Hotchkis lowers, and cause it to lean to one side. Broke a couple of grade 8 bolts too going into steep driveways. I got sick of the clunk it would make so I finally removed it and all is good.
Probably shaved what felt like 1000 lbs by removing it.:biggrin:

Matt

stock with southside traction bars

When I was single I had a bed that did the same thing.

Never could figure out why............:eek: