Why might my car pull to the right when I brake?

ez at nova

I hate rice
Lately my GN has started to pull to the right when I brake. The car does not pull one way or the other when I am not braking. I looked at the pads through the front wheels and they look like they have tons of pad left and are both even (replaced front pads about 4k miles ago). I don't think I've ever touched the rear brakes. In case it matters, I have an airbag in passenger rear, which I keep anywhere from 3-10 lbs on the street, and seems to pull the same regardless.
Thanks
Jeff

bad caliper hose(s)

you may have a caliper sticking, check the brake hoses to the calipers for cracks or collapsing hose.

I thought if something like this as a possibility... but, how would this physically be causing my problem? If a caliper is sticking, wouldn't it pull all the time then, wouldn't I hear some braking, and wouldn't I maybe see excessive dust from that wheel?
Thanks for the input!

Stating the obvious here ;) Check the left side too. A weak left brake could cause your car to pull to the right :)

I would agree with Louie, check suspenison bushings.

About 90% of the time we run into this it is a suspension problem, it is just amplified under braking.

HTH

Rick Elam
Baer Brake Systems

Appologies upfront for being a moron, but what should I be looking for in that bushing in the upper ocntrol arm? Should I jsut look for it desintegrating, or what? I guess I'd rather this bushing be the problem than a brake line issue...
Thanks for the answers guys!

Take a close look at the ones on the right side . They are right below the downpipe and the rubber likes to either melt or dry up and crumble away from the excessive heat. Look for signs of deteriation(sic) or cracking of the rubber, sometimes rust particles from two metal objects rubbing or anything obvious. Youv'e got a 15-16 year old car there so chances are they probally should be replaced anyway. Eric Fisher