Why such low VE #s at WOT?

S351 R

Got off dyno recently with SBF 427W with good parts that put down 540tq@4700 and 532hp@5700. Wished it would have carried pk power higher and further but very strong until running out of steam.

Big question is why are my WOT VE Table #'s 65-80 (at pk tq)? Is this anything to be concerned about? Injectors are right, fuel cal tables are good, and target/actual AFR is fine. Just low values in that table.

Thanks for any thoughts.

Where is your sensor located? Is it drilled into the plenum somehow, or is it in one of the intake tracts?

I would have expected VE numbers to be higher also.

-Bob C.

Injectors are 42#ers with roughly same pressure as beforewith old combo.

MAP sensor has +- 10" of vacuum line, same intake, just new motor.

My originating file before modifying it came from my other car that had 72# injectors, and based off of my recent issues with corrupt file, I suspect that maybe my 42# fuel calc parameters didn't "take".

A FAST rep said don't worry about, but just doesnt seem right.

Where is the MAT sensor located, and is the car intercooled? If the car is not intercooled, and the MAT sensor is reading the air going into the supercharger (or is just seeing the air temperature in the engine compartment) then you'll get results like that. If the ecm is seeing 100F as the air temp, when it's really 280F in the intake, everything can be made to work by using a different "fudge factor", which is the VE, and the difference between 280F and 100F is a good 20% or more reduction in VE.

The MAT sensor needs to see the actual air temp being delivered to the intake manifold. If the MAT sensor is properly located already, then never mind :) must be something else.

John