You can type here any text you want

Will Chevy S10 Lower Control arms fit on a Regal?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Morbid

Need to get some lower control arms and as usual they are discontinued from GM.

Have you consideres going tubular? If not go to the parts section and ask the guys that are parting whole cars, there should be plenty for sale.

I'm removing mine right now. Well not exactly this moment, but I'll be heading to the shop in 20 minutes. Going tubular. I was gonna scrap them, but if you need them; let me know.

WH1_T-Type:
Good Catch, I'll keep an eye on those.

SHADOWII:
Nah not really, I'm running a N/A Regal and didn't see the value in adding them.
I have one feeler open in the "parts for sale" section

scojack_2001:
I can use them, pm me a price. Do you still have the bolts/nuts?

All:
The reason I asked is cause I see listings on fleabay for S10 LCA's stating they will work on G-bodies.
So I looked on Rockauto.com and like most other Chevy parts they can still be had brand new.

Trying to get an early start on my never ending project list for this car.
So I decided to redo the front suspension. Just the Springs, Shocks, and Stabilizer Shaft End Links.

Well daddy is getting owned.

Shock --> Had to cut the top nut off (expected) and one ear off the lower part of shock (J-nut spinning)
Found the correct replacements from Auveco for the lower J-Nut and Bolts. Had to buy a box 25 of each though.

Stabilizer End Link --> Once again had to cut the top nut off then needed a impact to spin it free.

After getting all that apart I finally got to use my GM Factory Spring tool on the LCA.
Nuts came off easy enough, had been soaking a few days in penetrating oil.
Rear bolt spun out but the front bolt is seized into the bushing. Plus it's sorta hard to get anything on the bolt head since
the outer tie rod blocks a straight shot.

So I'm going to have to cut the bushing. So I figured I'd get another set, prep and paint them to they are ready to go.

1st gen s10 will fit. i put some used suspension on a monte back in the 90's at the body shop and it was labeled s10

1st gen s10 will fit. i put some used suspension on a monte back in the 90's at the body shop and it was labeled s10
ALL the 2 wd S-10 front lowers are the same as well as the 3rd gen F body arms. GM used a lot of parts to interchange so they didn't have to design new ones if they didn't have to. You can get brand new ones in several places. Evilbay is just one of them. PN 910-34290 (LH or RH) is from speedway motors and they've been cleaned and ready for parts.

Thank you gentlemen. One thread and I have both a source for new and old arms.
I thought something was up cause a lot of sites list these parts as interchangeable, just wanted to run it by someone w/knowledge b4 buying.

i think the S10's used a slightly larger bolt to hold the lower control arms in place, which means a bigger sleeve in the bushing.. but the arms are the same otherwise.

why are you getting different arms if all you need is a new bushing? you're already taking it apart, so it's not like you are trying to have something on hand so you can put it back together right away and only have the car down for a few hours..

It's nice to have a set to clean up and paint b/f hand if your doing a stock rebuild.

novaderrik:
I've got more than a few hours into this already, close to 10 over two weekends, fighting rusty fasteners for different components and still have one seized into the bushing for the arm.

I'm w/Pronto on this one. I can't leave the car up on stands because of space and other issues. Sometimes it's better just to have another set of whatever I'm working on loaded and ready to go. Do I need to replace the arms, no, but in some cases the time saved is worth it.

Back