You can type here any text you want

Will these parts get me to 600 HP? & will they work well together ?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

cecil bass

Will these parts get me to 600HP with a good tune and work well together? this is my first TR engine build and i want to make sure it all done right . i might take it out to bandimere , but i know nothing about track racing so its going to be a street car. any info will be takin and noted !!! i want this build to last for years since im selling my 2011 camero ss w/ 7300 mi to have all this done ( the wife is making me if i want to built this car:()
thanks all!!!!

Wiseco Pro Tru Forged Pistons and Rings +.030
3.400 4340 Steel Forged Crankshaft
Scat 5.970 Steel Forged H-Beam Connecting Rods
215/215 Turbo Buick Ductile Roller Camshaft
Weber/Morel Roller Lifters
COM 269 Cam Button
Double Roller Billet Timing Chain Set
Dura-Bond cam bearing
Calico Coatings Rod Bearings
Calico Coatings Main Bearings
SFI Approved Solid Billet Steel Balancer
Ported and Blueprinted Genuine GM 3.8L V6 Turbo Buick Timing Cover
Champion Ported Iron Heads w/ k-750 roller springs 8 bolt
T & D Roller Rockers
Full tubular Suspension
Headers (not sure which ones yet)
All new exhaust ( not sure which one yet)
hi-output ignition coil
#65 injectors w/ chip
Oil Pump Kit, Hi Volume
RJC Racing Billet Aluminum Pulleys
#IC-315-XTF Megacooler intercooler
RJC Airflow Distribution Power Plate
block girdle w/ old scraper, old shield
alky control system
full tranny rebuild (not sure what to do here and who to take it to)
4 inch up pipe
70mm TB
Idle Air Control Valve Angle Boss
APR bolts kits – front cover, intake, head studs
Biggie Oil Filter Adapter
RJC Racing Deep Sump Oil Pans
RJC Racing Rear Motor Brace
ZDD plus
Expert tuning ( still not sure who to take too)
Scanmaster
aluminum driveshaft
Comp Turbos CT4 6765 - 360 Billet Turbo

I don't know about 600hp, but it will def get you divorced or broke. Nice list. I have one very similar and with the turbo change I just made...I'm hoping for 625rwhp or more.

Will these parts get me to 600HP with a good tune and work well together?
No,it will get you to 800 with bigger injectors. I don't know if you need all that much cam. I don't know if all that cam and turbo and the torque converter,necessary to make it work,will be enjoyable to drive as a street car,but it will be enjoyable at WOT.

No,it will get you to 800. I don't know if you need all that much cam. I don't know if all that cam and turbo and the torque converter,necessary to make it work,will be enjoyable to drive as a street car,but it will be enjoyable at WOT.
800??? not with iron heads. I've done 4 years worth of homework and talk to the fastest of the fast. Completely done irons with full race porting will quit about 700 or more...maybe 750. Thats coming from one of the best engine builders in our little community.

negative on the 800 also ... ive seen acouple badass stage 2's make a lil over 900.

glad i got the best to port my lil aluminum gn1's

800??? not with iron heads. I've done 4 years worth of homework and talk to the fastest of the fast. Completely done irons with full race porting will quit about 700 or more...maybe 750. Thats coming from one of the best engine builders in our little community.
How much flywheel HP would you estimate,is necessary to propel a 3,600 lbs Regal to 135 to 138 MPH

773 hp on an internet chart for 138 mph ... this takes more than $$$ alot of tuning

that was rwhp that would be a 9.804 1/4 et

773 hp on an internet chart for 138 mph ... this takes more than $$$ alot of tuning

that was rwhp
The op didn't ask about wheel HP nor did I say wheel HP,but I did ask about flywheel HP because I suspected that was what you were referring to.

I saw Cal tune a DLS stroker this past June in Norwalk. Its a FAST XFI and running a 71 HPQ turbo and some killer ported GN1's. It made 675rwhp at 26lbs and not a lot of timing. It went 9.50.
Forcefed3.8's car made 767rwhp at 22lbs...( Stage 2) He has turned up the boost some, but just went 8.94 @151.
You might hit 700+ flywheel HP with a really good set of iron heads, but the few guys that are hitting bigger numbers with irons have $3000+ invested in them. Anything can be done for the right $$$...remember that.

ttype6 just was trying to help him out ... its not dead accurate but I do have a set of dan stezo gn1's ima see what will do on a stock short block .... always remember you have to know the cars weight.

i got way over 3g's in mine but i got T&D's

I saw Cal tune a DLS stroker this past June in Norwalk. Its a FAST XFI and running a 71 HPQ turbo and some killer ported GN1's. It made 675rwhp at 26lbs and not a lot of timing. It went 9.50.
Forcefed3.8's car made 767rwhp at 22lbs...( Stage 2) He has turned up the boost some, but just went 8.94 @151.
You might hit 700+ flywheel HP with a really good set of iron heads.
I don't understand why your showing examples of aluminum headed cars with there whp numbers. 15 years ago iron headed buicks were making 700 fwhp with flat tappet cams. Today we have examples of full weight Regals running 138-145 mph with iron heads. You need 800 plus fwhp to do that. Any way,the OP can make more than he asked for.

ttype6 just was trying to help him out ... its not dead accurate but I do have a set of dan stezo gn1's ima see what will do on a stock short block .... always remember you have to know the cars weight.

i got way over 3g's in mine but i got T&D's
Do you mean that your heads were modified by T&D?

lmao no dummy Dan strezo look at the price of T&D rockers for the 14 bolt heads

lmao no dummy Dan strezo look at the price of T&D rockers for the 14 bolt heads
I'm confused again. coach commented that the guys who were making big numbers with iron heads might have in excess of $3,000.00 in them. Then you replied that you had much more than that in yours and mentioned T&D. I thought you were commenting about iron heads,which is why I asked the question about them modifying your heads. Based on your 14 bolt comment,it sounds like you are saying that you have more than $3,000.00 into your aluminum heads and that a large amount of the expense was the T&D rocker set-up. Am I caught up?

Ttype6 said:
I don't understand why your showing examples of aluminum headed cars with there whp numbers. 15 years ago iron headed buicks were making 700 fwhp with flat tappet cams. Today we have examples of full weight Regals running 138-145 mph with iron heads. You need 800 plus fwhp to do that. Any way,the OP can make more than he asked for.

There are a few TSM guys running irons and hitting high 130's or more. Major $$$ in a set of heads, not a set from Champion.
I was stating rwhp numbers to compare. Trust me, I'm doing a stroker at this very moment with a killer set of GN1's. With a 67HPQ, I'm hoping for 625rwhp or better, but I'm not trying to blow the heads off either. That should put me around 800 or more flywheel HP.
If OP was referring to flywheel HP...he will get 600 out of that list pretty easy I would guess.
I'm no expert by far, but I did do an awful lot of homework before I started into what is almost a $20k dollar build.

for 3k u can get a great set of aluminum heads .... just takes more money with iorns .. but iorns have been #'s with alot of work an $

I'm doing a stroker at this very moment with a killer set of GN1's. With a 67HPQ, I'm hoping for 625rwhp or better, but I'm not trying to blow the heads off either.
With that turbo on a stroker with those heads,you should hit that goal without running on the edge.

Weren't the ductile roller cams known for deteriorating after a few hundered miles when they first came out? Did this issue get fixed?

ks

Ttype6 said:
With that turbo on a stroker with those heads,you should hit that goal without running on the edge.

Cross your fingers!!! It seems certain dynos give different numbers. My car will be done on a mustang dyno.

Back