You can type here any text you want

Will these parts get me to 600 HP? & will they work well together ?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Ttype6 said:
How much flywheel HP would you estimate,is necessary to propel a 3,600 lbs Regal to 135 to 138 MPH

780hp

coach said:
800??? not with iron heads. I've done 4 years worth of homework and talk to the fastest of the fast. Completely done irons with full race porting will quit about 700 or more...maybe 750. Thats coming from one of the best engine builders in our little community.

Iron heads could do 800hp but nothing you're going to buy from anyone and just bolt on. You would need rethink the cam and rest of the valvetrain also. John Plog runs iron heads and has been 145+. Thats over 800hp. Others that don't post here have been 143+ with iron heads in cars over 3500. It's not worth the aggravation of trying to build around the heads imo but it's been done.

coach said:
Cross your fingers!!! It seems certain dynos give different numbers. My car will be done on a mustang dyno.

Red Armstrong, Kent Rodbeck, Mark Jacksom, Dave Poppie, Buddy Carol and Howard Gaston all were running in the high 9's with iron heads 15 years ago. (All from Indiana)

CGASTON said:
Red Armstrong, Kent Rodbeck, Mark Jacksom, Dave Poppie, Buddy Carol and Howard Gaston all were running in the high 9's with iron heads 15 years ago. (All from Indiana)

Except for Red, he is PA

No,it will get you to 800 with bigger injectors.

I think this combo "should" make that kind of power to !! We ran 138+ in a 3660# GN with iron Champions and a Champion stock redone intake both straight out of the box. We thought about 740 rwhp ?? This car was a DD for the summer.. Motor has a LOT of miles on it.. :cool:

I think this combo "should" make that kind of power to !! We ran 138+ in a 3660# GN with iron Champions and a Champion stock redone intake both straight out of the box. We thought about 740 rwhp ?? This car was a DD for the summer.. Motor has a LOT of miles on it.. :cool:
You're one of the people I was thinking of when I made this statement. I also assumed that your heads were Champion iron out of the box.

You're one of the people I was thinking of when I made this statement. I also assumed that your heads were Champion iron out of the box.

yup !!! Russ is finally goin to take it apart an freshen it up this winter.. Curious to see inside :D

Not sure if i missed it but what turbo are you going to run, i would also think about speaking with Cal Hartline (tuner) and getting a FAST XFI from him to help manage what your car is doing. Also if you invest in a set of nice aluminum heads it would help in power since they will have a better intake and exhaust port resulting in more power. PTE has a nice Ball bearing 64/66 Turbo that will spool really nice for the street and will take you upto 900HP....

FASTV6HENRY said:
64/66 Turbo that will spool really nice for the street and will take you upto 900HP....
if only it was that easy. It takes a lot of engine to make 900hp. Only about 3 have done it that I know of with stock blocks.

Well 64/66 turbo has been proven to make 900+ hp. What i ment to say is with the PTE 64/66 turbo he will have more than enough to make the 700hp he is looking for. I am also sure he understands that he will need to get the appropriate parts to support those horse power numbers. And YES with enough $$$ anything is easy.

if only it was that easy. It takes a lot of engine to make 900hp. Only about 3 have done it that I know of with stock blocks.
I usually open my hood and dump the contents of my pockets and wallet in. Go to the track, and the car is faster. How much easier can it get????

I usually open my hood and dump the contents of my pockets and wallet in. Go to the track, and the car is faster. How much easier can it get????

come on.. my cousins sisters best friends husband ran 9's with a stock motor with the optional twin turbo set up.. he said he spent $2300 totally :p

Grumpy said:
come on.. my cousins sisters best friends husband ran 9's with a stock motor with the optional twin turbo set up.. he said he spent $2300 totally :p

My brothers friends cousins best friend went 9's on stock valve springs!

Back