You can type here any text you want

Will this setup be ok with stock boost controller?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TrAb

BOOSTIN
Hey guys, im currently putting on a some parts and doing little mods just wondering if its going to be ok.

Here are the mods i have so far: Hotwired FP, Turbo tweak chip for my setup, FMIC, No cat, 3in exhaust, TE44 turbo, and 38lbs injectors.

My question is, will i be ok with the stock boost controller with this setup? Im waiting on a boost gauge to come in, so im going to have to go by the factory one right now. Just wanted to make sure i dont need a aftermarket boost controller, i just want to run around stockish boost levels.

IMOP you should be ok for now. If its a stock accuator you should be ok. Just keep and eye on the boost and for any knock.

Just take it easy on the boost till you get a good boost gauge. Problem is every car is different. On my 87 I put a gt6131e from a stock turbo and stock accuator. Car wouldn't go lower then 19psi. That was ok because I had alky but I couldn't get it lower. I later pulled the turbo and ported the exhaust hole (easy sicko) anyways after that I could lower it to 15. Didn't try lower but I'm sure I could have. So I think you should be ok but I'm not going to say you are. Good 93 octane and cold weather should be ok. Then again a boost gauge is what 25 bucks

Yeah i will take it easy on it, trying to find a good set of gauges that match the interior of the buick. Any ideas?

I only run 3 autometer ultra lite's on the piller

I only run 3 autometer ultra lite's on the piller

What all gauges do you have? I know i need a boost gauge, and wanted to get a water temp. Or what about that knock gauge i see on some peoples cars.

Do you have some sort of scan tool(scanmaster)? If so you dont need an extra knock gauge. Maybe an audible knock alarm from Caspers. On the "A" pillar I have boost and fuel pressure

Do you have some sort of scan tool(scanmaster)? If so you dont need an extra knock gauge. Maybe an audible knock alarm from Caspers. On the "A" pillar I have boost and fuel pressure

Yeah i have a scanmaster that i have been meaning to install. I just HATE running wires. Yeah that audible knock alarm would be great im going to get one of those for sure. Then a boost gauge, then im thinking about water temp. O check out this boost gauge i found on glowshift, it has a boost gauge and exhaust temp and water temp all in one. But i think its to big to fit in the center console gauge pod.

3 in 1 Multi Diesel Gauge - Boost, Exhaust Temp, Temp Diesel Gauges

FYI in the future, if you are worried about running too much boost with that HD wastegate here is something simple you can do.

Just run a 7/32 hose straight from the compressor housing to the wastegate, this eliminates the factory solenoid and will yield around 12 - 15 psi of boost.

If it was the stock wastegate and turbo, it would be around 12psi.

It just depends on the tension of your wastegate and how much you have it turned in.

I would not rely on the factory gauge on the dash.

HTH
BW

You really need to install the scanmaster. As for what gauges I have. I have oil water and boost on mine. Boost gauge on my car is crap its 5psi off. Water temp I don't really need, car never goes over 170

Anybody have a pic of the factory boost controller? Where my two vaccum lines T into 1, they run to a little plastic box on the passanger valve cover. It looks like something is broken off, like maybe another nipple on it. Cant really tell.

Anybody have a pic of the factory boost controller? Where my two vaccum lines T into 1, they run to a little plastic box on the passanger valve cover. It looks like something is broken off, like maybe another nipple on it. Cant really tell.

That
is
the
factory
boost
controller

Yeah i knew that, but it looks like something is broken off and somebody tried to put glue on it.

Ok cool, it looks like somebody had mine blocked off at one point with some glue. Then broke it off...

I ordered a boost gauge today, just cannot decide which other guage to get... Oil pressure or water temp...

Ok cool, it looks like somebody had mine blocked off at one point with some glue. Then broke it off...

That's Not OK. If the solenoid can't vent to atm it can't relieve boost.

Back