WINDOWS 10 AND POWERLOGGER

ROTTWEILER

Has anyone ever been successful using windows 10 with a powerlogger. I had the owner of a IT company spend hours without success and his people do corporations. It was purchased new Oct 2017 and myself and 3 others, make that 4 now have failed at getting it to work. Are these things POS? I believe the pl is connected properly because the scan master functions (being on terminal 7 of the analog block). thanks for any insight to my plight.

I'm running windows 10 Pro on a surface pro 4 with no problems. I am running PL 2.5.3 that came with my power logger, and flashed the scanmaster with the proper firmware for it. I have not upgraded to the newest 2.6.x since everything works fine.

I know very little computer stuff being 71, but my one son does and his friend owns a company. The 20 pin chip was installed to the sm and seems to work. The chip just said 2.2 for the sm. Countless have been spent on this pl. Thanks for responding, tomorrow I'm going to give FT a call.

Has anyone ever been successful using windows 10 with a powerlogger. I had the owner of a IT company spend hours without success and his people do corporations. It was purchased new Oct 2017 and myself and 3 others, make that 4 now have failed at getting it to work. Are these things POS? I believe the pl is connected properly because the scan master functions (being on terminal 7 of the analog block). thanks for any insight to my plight.

Owners or CEOs of medium to large size companies rarely are technically competent. They're also rarely competent at tying shoes or counting, either. Frankly, they're fucking morons that won the lottery. And they think they're above using Google.

You have to restart the computer with driver signature checking disabled, then the drivers will install.

Googling "Win 10 install unsigned driver" nets you a step-by-step on how to get it working.

here is some constructive info.

the current version of the powerlogger (last 3 years +) is compatible with all versions of windows. The interface chip is made by FTDI and they have signed drivers so there are no workarounds required.

The installer for the drivers is included on the CD that comes with the PL, or you can download them from ftdichip.com (you want the installer for VCP)

once the driver is installed, you can plug in the PL and it will work.

Any issues, hit me up directly at bob AT bailey-eng DOT com , reply to this thread, or PM me.

B

Thank you all for helping me, I will call my son and see if he can do what is recommended. Appreciate you guys very much.

Kind of an update, I removed the ECM from the car and triple checked contacts and goo removal from same. Reinstalled ECM (not in plastic housing) now when I turn the key to ON position a green led appears for a second then goes off, if I start the car it appears for a second again once the starter disengages. Is this normal, will the green light stay on once the computer is connected? Purchased a used laptop with Vista or windows7 just to use for this PL, soon I will get someone do the install. Am I on the right track with this green led on and off? As always thanks for helping, Don

yeah, if you had installed the P/L on the Ecm without making sure the varnish was completely off the connector, that could have been your problem. Never ran the P/L outside of the kick panel so am not sure what lights belong on, but if something is turning green, you are at least getting power. Bob should be able to help with that, he is the Guru when it comes to these things. I will check when I get home, but I think the scanmaster reports if the P/L is connected. I know it updates much faster.

the LED flashes once at key on, when cranking if your battery dips low it can do it again.

I use the PL daily on a WIndows 7 / 64 machine, lots of guys are using with Win 7 , 8 , 10, etc... we just need to get your machine configured.

Bob

I have used the steps in the post #4 link on three different windows 10 laptops. Helps to view the step by step on another laptop

To all you Buick guys, thanks for your help/advice, especially you Bob. My son got it working over the past week-end with XP or something, that thing is really kool, should have gotten it long time ago. I will install a PLX this week for wb 02, how do I get the PL to read boost. Thanks again, Don