You can type here any text you want

Winter mods...what have you done?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
2 little changes for 2009. RPE is building me a new TA motor & I am building a custom new intercooler.

The minus two cylinder mod.

Going from a SBC to a LC2.

Setup will be 208/208, stock heads, GT6152RE, 60s, 22 row stretch, stock D5, Janis built transmission.

not much

took the rear brakes apart to look at them and blasted drums before reinstalling.....thats it...only driven car 500 miles in 2 years....garage queen

winter mods

.30 over block, new forged crank, forged h-beam rods, .30 over forged j.e. pistons, roller cam, m-a aluminum heads from ronnie, already had the supporting bolt ons. bigger turbo will have to wait till next year!

winter mods

The car just got a fresh paint job(been gone since mid july) got it back a week ago.I added a CPT61bb,60# inj,RJC boost controler,hydraboost,ls1maf translater,and a KB hoodmounted fuel gauge. I CANT WAIT TILL SPRING!!!! and thats coming from a snowplow guy;)

245" weber stroker, 95lbs injectors, GTQ76 turbo, full billet Janis trans, 5 disc Vigilante, RJC or Cotton's FMIC.

Leather interior, full width front air dam, H&R sway bar, power logger and TT 6.0 chip.

New paint(with supporting exterior/interior parts),new TE60 turbo,thinking about SLIC....:D

Went from a PT54 to a GT70 P Trim, 50lb to 79lb injectors, stock dutt neck IC to TR Custom Parts FMIC, stock radiator to TR Custom Parts aluminum radiator, 3" intake to 4" with internal MAF and MAFT, got a Razor's alcohol kit, added air bags, did some at-home porting on the TB, plenum, and intake, added RJC Power Plate and will be using their bullet-proof head gasket kit, stock cam to a 210/215 roller kit, heads got some port work, valve job, and some slightly larger Manley valves from a local race engine shop, went from a Vigilante Single Disc 3200 to a Pat's 3500 converter, and got basically a street/strip rebuild on the trans.

Can't wait to see how it performs once I get it all together and tuned.

I noticed ya had a lot of stuff for sale!! How did it go before ya did all these new upgrades?? :confused:

In the white T, took out the Dynotech 2004R with PTC converter and swapped in a Rossler TH400 with a Neal Chance converter and pro tree transbrake. It has an SFI bell housing too, so no need for a scatter shield. Last thing I have left is the electrical cutoff and then I should pass tech for 9's :biggrin: .

Also went to a manual brake setup, no more powermaster worries. Double pumper setup should be going in soon.

In three weeks Englishtown has their NHRA chassis inspection day. Hopefully I'll be getting my NHRA comp license soon thereafter.

I noticed ya had a lot of stuff for sale!! How did it go before ya did all these new upgrades?? :confused:

Car ran well, but I was never able to really test it as the trans went shortly after the last set-up was completed. The rest of this winters mods I blame on SIXBANGR, he made a good deal on the GT70 and Pat's converter while the trans was still out of the car.....and I had extra cash from military duty I did at the end of last year and my tax returns coming, so I decided it was time to upgrade the whole set-up since the car was down for a little while anyway :D

I have been working on this the last few months. Getting close just waiting on a few more parts.

Looks GREAT!!!:D Who's valve covers are those? I like them alot!!

As for my car, just keeping it simple and low budget. Loaner TE-61 went on to replace the ported stocker. My built 200-4R from my WH-1 went in along with a ProTorque 9.5" 3200-3400 billet L/U convertor. Airbags in the rear along with a 1.375" FullThrottle swaybar, and changed the gear oil in the rear and added a deep aluminum cover. Also spraypainted the rear while I was there. Changed the plugs and fuel filter, and replumbed my linelock as well. Got my PowerLogger setup going and hope to get some data from my car.Still need to do rotors and pads at some point. Headliner should be done once it warms up some too. Got alot of little things to do to my GN. New AutoMeter gauges and Grant steering wheel should be done by the end of March.

Looks GREAT!!!:D Who's valve covers are those? I like them alot!!

As for my car, just keeping it simple and low budget. Loaner TE-61 went on to replace the ported stocker. My built 200-4R from my WH-1 went in along with a ProTorque 9.5" 3200-3400 billet L/U convertor. Airbags in the rear along with a 1.375" FullThrottle swaybar, and changed the gear oil in the rear and added a deep aluminum cover. Also spraypainted the rear while I was there. Changed the plugs and fuel filter, and replumbed my linelock as well. Got my PowerLogger setup going and hope to get some data from my car.Still need to do rotors and pads at some point. Headliner should be done once it warms up some too. Got alot of little things to do to my GN. New AutoMeter gauges and Grant steering wheel should be done by the end of March.

They are TA's valve covers, with a little paint in the letters.

Back