Winter Upgrade bench racing ...

Faspace

I got my grand national in the fall last year. I took it to the dragstrip the last day they were open.
Ran 12.63 @ 103 on 20#
340 pump Hotwire kit
42# reds 93 chip
Stock turbo injectors and down pipe open down pipe
275/60 15 drag radials 1.64 60’
Built Janis 200r 2800 conv.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now I have a TT 110 chip Going to probably end up around 27 or so pounds
Ta49
GN1 super extreme
RJC 3” DP

I plan on hitting the track when they open but what are your guesses on what the game will be Just thought this would be a little fun on a rainy winter day :)

Last edited:
I got my grand national in the fall last year. I took it to the dragstrip the last day they were open.
Ran 12.63 @ 103 on 20#
340 pump Hotwire kit
42# reds 93 chip
Stock turbo injectors and down pipe open down pipe
275/60 15 drag radials 1.62 60’
Built Janis 200r 2800 conv.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now I have a TT 110 chip Going to probably end up around 27 or so pounds
Ta49
GN1 super extreme
RJC 3” DP

I plan on hitting the track when they open but what are your guesses on what the game will be Just thought this would be a little fun on a rainy winter day :)
11.6/11.8 114/116mph,with 60fts in the 1.6 range at 27psi on the chip cut for 110 octane on full weight.

I figured several would weigh in because this is probably a very common combo..
Your car is performing quite well,very solid. This is a good place to start. There's not really anything to say above and beyond what MR.Spool has said other than You're gonna love the difference between a turbo that is just about out of breath at 20 psi. and a turbo with big lungs at 27.

Looking for 11 anything to start with.. Sounds good!!
thats pretty much what they do when somewhat dialed in.the combo can go faster when tuned for max power and converter and drivetrain are also dialed in.

I’m not sure of the brand it is the one that went in with the Janis transmission it is a lu

You'll hit the 11's...but how deep in the 11's will depend how much that LU convertor...unlocked...slips on the big end.

Throw a new set of valve springs in it while you're at it...or you'll fall asleep in high gear when the valves start floating.

Beg, borrow or steal Powerlogger. Assuming you have Erics 5.7 race chip, you'll likely note the low gear 02's...1st and 2nd gear...are pig rich. Drop the low gear 02's down into 780 territory...and bump the low gear timing in SMALL increments. Watch your 330 ET drop...and your 60 foot should drop. Dial in your high gear 02's to around 780 at the traps...and leave the high gear timing on Erics default. I have a couple of vids on how to adjust Erics chip on my channel.

Beg, borrow or steal Powerlogger. Assuming you have Erics 5.7 race chip, you'll likely note the low gear 02's...1st and 2nd gear...are pig rich. Drop the low gear 02's down into 780 territory...and bump the low gear timing in SMALL increments. Watch your 330 ET drop...and your 60 foot should drop. Dial in your high gear 02's to around 780 at the traps...and leave the high gear timing on Erics default. I have a couple of vids on how to adjust Erics chip on my channel.[/QUOTE

Beg, borrow or steal Powerlogger. Assuming you have Erics 5.7 race chip, you'll likely note the low gear 02's...1st and 2nd gear...are pig rich. Drop the low gear 02's down into 780 territory...and bump the low gear timing in SMALL increments. Watch your 330 ET drop...and your 60 foot should drop. Dial in your high gear 02's to around 780 at the traps...and leave the high gear timing on Erics default. I have a couple of vids on how to adjust Erics chip on my channel.
Thanks for the help I have watched most of your videos also LOL