Wiring the Pioneer DEHP77DH

Pronto

Believe nothing you hear and half of what you see.
I installed my CD player today using the Metra wiring kit. It was very well marked. I had no problems matching the wires up. My question is I have one orange wire left over. It was from the 2 ganged set of yellow (constant 12v) and a solid orange (on Metra kit). The Pioneer has an orange with a stripe that I matched up with the Metra orange with a stripe but the Pioneer has no solid orange wire to mate with the Metra 2 gang orange wire. I dead headed it. Should it be attached to anything on the Pioneer unit? The unit sounds great, plenty of power and hauls in the stations a thousands times better than the stock piece.
Thanks,
Mike

Is it not the dimmer wire? I think that's the deck backlighting wire for the stock head units. Put a multimeter on the orange wire and see if it goes live when the lights are turned on. If it does, connect it to the "DIMMER" wire coming out of the back, and you will need to turn on the "DIMMER" function in the head unit. Your head unit's lighting will then darken when your lights are turned on.

I love my DEP77DH. :D