You can type here any text you want

Wont Rev Past 4500,possible DFI????

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TMGN

I took my Gn out and got on it for the first time since purchasing and a bunch of work on it.In 3rd gear it hit 4500 and would not rev any higher.The car came with DFI Gen 6.Is there anything I should check on the DFI that would cause this?My wide band was saying I was under 10 to 1 (very rich).Any tips or help would be appreciated.New to DFI tuning.Thanks Tony

Check the rpm limits in the global setup. maybe someone messed with it. Also if you dont have a stand alone wideband sensor you are going to in circles trying to tune this thing.

I will be trying a bunch of things today.I will definitely be checking out the settings.I do have a stand alone wide band.When I get on it , it reads good at around 11.25 to 11.50 be when it hits 4500 it goes under 10.00 (very rich).

check the fuel map at 4500 rpm if the cells are way out of range

I put the car in neutral and reved no problem over 5k.Then I drove it and first revs no problem 5k+, and second the same.But third anywhere between 45-4800 it just hovers there.I tried changing fuel filter, air filter,trans filter,fluid,etc... All the dumb easy stuff.I looked at the grounds seemed fine.Anywhere in particular should I look?The rev limit on the DFI is 6200.Any other suggestions?Runs great up untill that point.THANKS

that is the exact thing mine did , I pulled all the grounds loose made sure I had a good contact the put some dialectric grease on them before reinstalling them,. that solved that problem.

back of the head, firewall, make sure you didn't paint the coil pack & modual bracket it's my understanding it is grounded through the intake

Back