You can type here any text you want

WTS:1987 Buick GN

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

FEN

Hello,
First,please let me apologize for my first post being in the classified section. I have been out of the Buick scene for MANY years.I have a '87 Buick GN for sale.It is not running as it jumped timing due to worn teeth on the cam gear.It has been in storage for aprox 8yrs. I purchased another car and had to move the GN outside two months ago.It has been in my family for over 15yrs and if i had a place to store it, i would not be selling it.

135,000 miles on factory(not rebuilt) motor
PMAC tranny
B&M tranny cooler
Art Carr 9" non lock up 3400 stall converter
drive shaft loop
PT52 polished turbo(on car for less than a week when it jumped timing)
Polished SS plumbing
K&N filters
3" dual exhaust w/Flowmasters
Remote oil filter kit
Boost/oil pressure/water temp gauges
High volume fuel pump
adj. fuel regulator
adj. wastegate on factory downpipe
Hartline perf tall polished valve covers
Centerline Convo Pro wheels(15x7/15x8.5)

Needs minor body work....minor rust at bottom of doors.Paint has scratches,chips,etc.

Interior is in really good shape.Door panels,dash,center console,steering wheel all in very good condition.Seat upholstery starting bto show wear.Carpet shows a little wear as well.

Weatherstripping is drying out and cracking.

Since it has been it storage for aprox 8yrs i would recommend replacing all hoses,tires,etc,etc.

All in all this is a very nice condition car which needs some TLC. As stated earlier this car has been in my family for over 15yrs and has never been raced,etc....just the weekend cruiser.Asking price is $6,500. As this is my first post i can provide MANY positive feedbacks from other forums.

Pics to follow...Im computer illiterate and am currently tryingb to figure this picture thing out????

THANK YOU,
Jim
fenemij@att.net

Location is in Vero Beach,Florida

Hello,
I have had several people who would like to see the car.....no problem. I am available anytime Friday,Saturday & Sundays to meet serious buyers. Please contact me via e-mail to set up a day and time.I can also take calls between 7PM and 10:30PM Monday thru Thursday as i am unable to answer personal calls at work before 7PM.....You can call ANYTIME on Fridays,Saturdays & Sundays.

THANK YOU,
Jim
fenemij@att.net
772-559-9052

I feel obligated to say this as this has been the smoothest for sale thread in months here. What a wonderful seller this was! He did not think he had gold...instead he knew what he had and what it was worth. Many, and I mean many sellers on here recently could learn from a thread like this. The item was obviously thought out well long before posted. You posted pros, cons, PICTURES, and a PRICE. Thank you very much for thinking your sale through before deciding to sell it.

87 buick gn

Yes , i can say the same the seller was wonderfull what a great guy and the car was alot better than described. Wow. What a nice ride still needs to be fixed which is no big deal hell he gave all the parts to fix with the sale of the car i hope this sale will help others on this forum as i have bought and sold more than 10 of the cars and have two now and i have built many as-well the prices that some people here are asking are so out of the park i dont even respond to the post it's funny they have been for sale for months and 3 people respond to the ad but 7600 have looked but when they see the price they just move on there is alot of junk cars out there that are advertised as jewels and are far from it. Most people get insulted when you say there 12,000 car is more like 7000 people have the idea that you can add up all the receipts and factor in the price of the car and that's what they want for the car . I have almost always lost money on all the stuff i have sold. Or have made very little. I have a passion to fix and clean these cars up once i buy one and it's hard to let them go most cars for sasle not all but most are worth about the same as what i paid for this car plus or minus. And i never low balled the car either he asked 6500 so 6500 is what he got it's funny when you are selling something and are asking say $10,000 and people say will you take $7,000 well if i wanted $7,000 thats what the add would say i am old school and if the car is worth it i will pay every dallar what there asking and do not insult anyone or give a insane offer ....

Attn: Gn sellers please read

ATTN: ALL BUYERS AND SELLERS TAKE NOTES HERE . Here is a sale that went picture perfect and sold with in hours we need more like this guy !!!!!

I just want to add that I spoke with the owner 1 hour before it was sold. I wanted it really bad, super nice guy but I know that if someone drives 100 miles at 10pm its not going to last. I hope you have fun with the car....

ATTN: ALL BUYERS AND SELLERS TAKE NOTES HERE . Here is a sale that went picture perfect and sold with in hours we need more like this guy !!!!!

This funny..........smooth, great transaction, need more like this guy... etc etc........He just about gave the car away! Yes it was up to the seller as to what he asked for it, and that is his business. I'm of the mind that it's deals like this that are making the value of our TR's go down. Everyone wants so much for so little. No offense to anyone.........just my thoughts. I know that the economy sucks and all. I just don't like the idea that the value of our TR's is going south when it should be going north! :(

Yep i know what your talking about,, i had 1 guy offer me 10,000.00 for my car and all of the parts, when i was asking 13,000.00 that pissed me off and even had a guy wanting it for the 13,000.00 and i would not sell it...

Dont get me wrong fellas, if your car is worth what you are asking then good. A 13,000 car is just that. I'm sure you thought it out and knew exactly what iit was worth. There is a recent sale that I wont mention cough cough gmachine! This is a prime example of what I am talking about. Just type it in the search and it will pop up.

I dont feel that i gave the car away. I am not hard up for $$ as many people are in todays economy either. I just bought a new car and due to this i was forced to move the GN outdoors. I would rather sell it at a very fair price than see it slowly deteriorate outside. As it has been sitting in storage for over 8yrs it will take some work to get it back to its former glory.I have paid out over $7K just on paint/body work in the past on other cars and restoring them adds up quickly if done properly.If my car had been running w/fresh paint,etc it would have been priced accordingly.By the time Dave gets this up to par he will have alot of time and $$$ invested.....then he can sell it for $30K and bring the market price/value back up:biggrin:

Just my $.02:cool:

Super clean 87 gn

Timming chain wiped out and nylon cam gear pieces everywhere oil pump pick up clogged with nylon and some aluminum from the cam sprocket removed and replaced then chain and went to do a rear main seal and found when i took the rear cap off there was nylon in the crank journal and bearings a little scared up yanking th emotor and dropping it off at the machine shop to hot tank/new cam bearings/light hone in the cyl's and new rings and bearings also a micro polish on the crank and resize rods and get a rjc girdle machine to fit the block i guess may as well do it right the first time.. Will post pics of all the work bieng done.

Timming chain wiped out and nylon cam gear pieces everywhere oil pump pick up clogged with nylon and some aluminum from the cam sprocket removed and replaced then chain and went to do a rear main seal and found when i took the rear cap off there was nylon in the crank journal and bearings a little scared up yanking th emotor and dropping it off at the machine shop to hot tank/new cam bearings/light hone in the cyl's and new rings and bearings also a micro polish on the crank and resize rods and get a rjc girdle machine to fit the block i guess may as well do it right the first time.. Will post pics of all the work bieng done.

I think u got the car at a fare $ . After u rebuild the motor ,tires,weather strip and hoses paint etc etc u will have $13,00 or more in it so that's all I would have gave for it and then somebody has got to make all those phone calls. You have done it before u know what it takes. Good luck with the car.

Back