XFI, rough idle, no A/F, no TPS

Well I finally got the motor running. I was having issues with the ECu connecting to the computer. I found that I had version XFI 1.10 so I went online and downloaded version 1.340 and got the computer to connect using Com Port 4. Now the car is running but idles realy rough. RPM's go between 700 and 950 then eventually dies. I also noticed I have no TPS % and the color is RED, same with the Target A/F. Also I have error code 8 on the laptop. Anybody able to help me find the problems? Thanks guys! -------Jeremy

P.S. I also have any issue while the computer is connected to the XFI, it will work for a short time then the computer crashes.
Hey bro did you find what the cause of not having a reading of the target air fuel ratio i have know reading as well but i do have tps.

On V8 applications a value above 90 would be a problem.
Hey Cal Terry bought this XFI from you i have his old car with this unit i have no target afr reading its reads 0 in the red so i checked to make sure that the enable box was checked in the closed loop section what your thought,s on this matter.

I did get the A/F readings but I cant honestly tell you how I did it, it was three years ago that I had that problem. Norbs or Cal will be the best to answer that question.

I checked for play on my cam sensor and was happy to find that there is very little play in it. There is a very slight amount of play but nothing I would consider abnormal.

Another member posted this in my post in the engine tech and said I have to make sure the a1-a13 ports n the XFI are grounded:

"you have to make sure your unused inductive cam & crank signal wires are grounded "

Now Ihave the caspers adapter box, how do I find these pins to make sure they are grounded?

Hey Cal Terry bought this XFI from you i have his old car with this unit i have no target afr reading its reads 0 in the red so i checked to make sure that the enable box was checked in the closed loop section what your thought,s on this matter.

My suggestion would be to re-flash the box to v1.34 and try it again, Cal might have more suggestions, but that is what I would do first.

I checked for play on my cam sensor and was happy to find that there is very little play in it. There is a very slight amount of play but nothing I would consider abnormal.

How did you do this?

I just simply took the cap off and wiggled the cam sensor shaft. Not much movement at all. Should I be checking a different way?

I just simply took the cap off and wiggled the cam sensor shaft. Not much movement at all. Should I be checking a different way?
Well I would turn the balance backwards and then forwards then count how many degees it takes for the cam sensor to start to move. This will give you an idea of timing chain slop

Norbs, I didnt have enough eye or hands to be able to measure the actual degrees while moving the crank back and forth but it literally moved right away. I woud say it has no slop. After moving the crank in different positions, I also wiggle the cam sensor to see if it loosened up at all and the minimal movement was equal at all times.

Do you think I have a ground problem with the return signal like the other member thought?

Sorry I meant update your flash on the 1.34 software.

Attachments

• XFI_Flash_57G.zip
    40.7 KB · Views: 47
If its not a mechanical problem then it could be the lack of grounding, but I don;t see how caspers could build it wrong, unless the adapter has some issues in it a bad solder joint, burned grounds etc.

OK can I splice a ground into the A1 and A13 wires somewhere to make sure I have a good ground? If so, where is the best spot?

OK can I splice a ground into the A1 and A13 wires somewhere to make sure I have a good ground? If so, where is the best spot?

I think you just have to loop them together a1- to a3 and a2 to a4.