Yay, wideband is in

John Larkin

Sublime Master of Turbology
Pain in the ass running the cable through the firewall and lying upside down under the dash getting everything wired and cleaned up but it's in. I used an Autometer 5770 Phantom analog gauge. The needle bobs along and isn't as jerky as some I have seen. My E85 idle is 11.8 currently so I have some tuning to do. I thought it was rich before. Here's a pic:

001.JPG

Well this is a PIA. Once the car warms up, I have to shut it off and restart to get the gauge out of warm up mode. I sent a note to Autometer tech.

Also the gauge glass is fogging up when the light is on. Always something.

An analog gauge is useless as you'll want to tune for 10.6 at WOT and 14.7 at an idle. You need a digital gauge that will show numbers this specific and it will be easy to read at a glance.

It's not useless. I use it just fine. Digitals jump around. This one is smooth and steady.

FYI, I am 10 flat at WOT and 14.7 idle. Between 12.0 and 12.8 cruising 55mph in 4th gear.

14.7 Idle is a little lean, no?. I like to target 13-13.5 or so depending how the motor runs. On some I've had to go as low as 12.5 to get a good idle.

I'd think you'd be seeing 14.5-14.7 cruising. Are you going into closed loop?

Rick

Car runs good, smooth and strong. Idle is nice, the 14.7 was hot in drive. I didn't check to see if it is in closed loop but I may goof with it later today just for giggles. Gotta get my pre-winter chores done.