Yeah baby 12.310 in my hot air

Jeremy what would Chris do without you???? Just spoke to Brad and he's been way too busy to try and do any thing right now. Looks like next spring for him.

hey turbo6x2 congrats on ur project im glad to hear someone is runnin tose times w/o intercooler that just brought my hopes up so high and gave me hope to work on my 85 i have one question to ask im a new owner of this 85 and i dont know much about turbos anyways i always read things about bad and good "spools" it might be a dumb ez question but what is a spoole what does it do or when does it put in work plz explain to me would help me alot what part of engine or turbo does it have to do wit thanx guys

Basically spool is how fast your turbo builds boost, some turbos spool faster because that is how they are set up. Which means they hit the boost you have them set for sooner. The bigger the turbo usually the slower it will spool as an example, thus you have to have a different stall set up for your converter to get the turbo to build boost quicker. That's why people are always referring to combinations, certain turbo's need a certain size converter or you don't have the spooling you would like. I hope this helps. I'm sure others will have their version to define. Hopefully..

thanx alot turbo6x2 that explained alot to me it makes sense now so would u know how much horsepower my 85 ttype or any other stock 85 t type come out wit stock just wondering? and what is the turbo size on a stock 85 GN what size turbo r u runnin too thanx for the help appreciate it

I think stock is only a 33 and the horsepower listed is only 200 (by factory standards) But these were listed under horsed. That's a good one for one of the guru's on the board. I am running the biggest one Limited engineering could put in the stock housing, the first one Lee Thompson had them set up. John Craig would know the size he told us it was around a 63. :D

size

I have heard #/s from 60--63, anyway it is the largest turbo that can be built out of an 84-85 housing.
BTW, I have mine for sale with matching bored throttle body.

turbo

I ran that turbo last year. Now I have a John Craig 66 which is the largest that can be put in an 87 housing. Same convertor for both turbos. Precision Industries multi disc lockup -- 3000 stall with the 60---3300 with the 66.

Just checking, cause I probably won't step up just yet turbo wise. After next season. Just looking at your down pipe do the waste gate move and then maybe some more cam.. HUM!

Doing the cam after all. Have the car tore down right now for pillar replacement. Had the obvious cracks from the previous owner start showing, decided to repaint anyway. This is going to be a project. Anyone on here done this? I guess they knew from the factory that the pillars were weak. I just want the car to look the best it can look, considering it was a basket case when we started. Just wondering if anyone had any suggestions. Should look pretty good this spring. Looking forward to getting the down pipe Lee is doing. I have the delta on order and that will be on the list of things to accomplish. What is everyone doing this winter to their cars? I am doing the paint and clear myself with hubby help and then I do the finish work myself. Was hoping to do this , this weekend but now we are doing pillar replacement. Yipee..... :cool:

Originally posted by turbo6x2
What is everyone doing this winter to their cars? COLOR] :cool:

hopefully,i'll have the time to install my ported heads,208 cam and port match my intake.and i need to buy some slicks:D.

Originally posted by turbo6x2
What is everyone doing this winter to their cars? :cool:

I talked to Nick Micale earlier today about some head and intake work (port, deck, match). Alcohol injection, replace the ignition system with new parts, and a John Craig turbo. Also have the tranny played with and the eaton unit needs to go in. Building the car for the street.

:D

Well, the pillar project is in full swing, what we found wasn't great but it can be fixed. It's one of those things that needs fixing and good thing we are doing it now. The passenger side was in good shape the driver's side was one huge rust pocket. Welding in some new metal and that will be better then new. The stress cracks by the rear window are also welded. I look forward to seeing more hot airs out at the Nationals. Could be a really fun year...