Yeah baby 12.310 in my hot air

turbo6x2

10 second hot air
Can you tell I'm excited. Would like at least one more weekend, but will have to wait 5 months for the next time out. I'm just glad I finally reached the low 12's. Still have alcohol to add and figure out where we are losing mph but still the 60 foot alone was great....

I have the combo listed in another post, I will find it and re post. Basically I followed a lot of good advice by Lee Thompson and went with his first basic combo and well the numbers just speak for themselves. the chip is a red armstrong strip chip and it seems to be working out great. It's just nice to finally have this come together this took over a year to accomplish once the motor was finished. Lots of gremlins and little things. Yesterday was the result of some cooler weather and no head winds. It's just nice when it seems to be finally coming together.

Can't find the post so here it goes off the top of my head
42.5 injectors
be cool radiator and dual fans
160 thermostat
limited engineering turbo stuffed in a stock housing
atr exhaust and crossover pipe all heat coated protected and down pipe
no more fan shroud
Mark's cold air kit for the 85
different filter (have to verify name not k&N)
running centerlines with 28 inch tall by 11.5 mickey thompson et streets.
not sure on overall weight of car haven't found a scale yet, but no power anything
run ngk ur5 gapped at .030
ported stock intake by www.iwinengineering.com
plenum bigger also by limited engineering
206 / 206 weber cam
roller rockers
200 4r built for the strip
art carr 3200 stall with lock up
red armstrong strip chip
posi rear end
3.73 gear.
I'm thinking that's it.

:) Thats great!!! I love hearing more and more hotairs are doing 12's. It gives me hope even though I have a long way to go before 12's.

trust me I went bald a couple times tearing all my hair out but when it runs great it's really hard to remember all the hard work. Not that you forget, just feels good. I was real happy with the 60 foot that's my personal best, now more mph like everyone else on the board and watch out. The car is launching, goes straight and just pulls. I hope to have the 11's by May so the nationals can really rock.

Very Nice times!

Glad to see there is another Nut out there like myself who dosen't have an IC on his Hot-Air!

These Hot-Airs can really boogie if you put a nice cam in there, and I plan to put a cam into my car when I finally get it down to the high 11's.

Good For You!

Or Her Grand National as the case is this time. Yes I love these cars too. Must, if I'm doing this. Can't wait to see some of the rest of the board get there and make it happen. What a rush. Alky is next year's mod, really wanted to get it for all it's worth on the motor and go from there. Tuned and ready then we know exactly what the alky added to the combo. Can't wait, should be a fun time at Norwalk and Bowling Green next season.

Congrats!
Once I get a hold on this tuning thing I plan on making the Hotair community proud too..........Ive got too knock the elusive 13's down first!

Keep it up and keep us posted.

man how are you pulling that 1.5 60' with those 28' et streets.

have any thing done to the suspension to help.

great job:D

your flying now

We went with the boxed in control arms and I have the air bags set up like Marka did on her 85 and put a little weight over the passagner side tire to help it get the weight it needed to do this. We run the et's at about 14#'s of air, I was able to get a monster burn out and the tires were sticking great. I did the burn out and walked it out sideways cause the tires were gripping excellent. built next to nothing for boost per say cause I was going up in smoke per say on the previous passes. Just read the tree and launched. Let's just say the car just felt great. Not to bad since the alignment was all done by hubby with redoing the entire front end. The worse 60 foot I did all day was a 1.78 so I think we have the car hooking great. A couple weeks prior we weren't running the bags at the right preassure and I would hook then wheel hop real bad. I will check on the shocks we used for this set up. I can't think of the brand since they were actually done almost 2 years ago. (the mind starts to go as age progresses) If you could of seen what this car started as and what we are ending up with, it's been a real work in progress. This car was a complete basket case and the comment I received this past weekend is it looked like it was just drove off the show room floor. That's a great feeling. Going fast with class. (sorry so long) I would love to see the whole community pull in a lot of low 12's and 11's next season. Hot airs rule, intercoolers drool....... Yeah baby!! ;) :D :cool: ;)

Hot airs rule, intercoolers drool. LOL

you've giving me hope. My 85 T brakes faster than I can fix it, Its also a basket case but I refuse to junk it. Someday she will rock!!
:)

It took us two years to get to this point. For some reason my car didn't like transmissions at all, kept spitting them out as fast as we would install it. Fact is I lost one only the third weekend out this past month. but I try to be a really positive person and knew finally it would all come together. Don't give up it will happen. ;) :cool: :cool:

Congrats kids..................now some mph and you can tell the I/C guys to go .......well you know the rest.

Sorry for not getting back to you I've been pretty busy and spending all my free time at the Doctors, someday they will figure out how to get my gut to stop bleeding.

I think I'm going to let my car sit next summer and put all my extra time and cash into the Ty, then next fall beg for the help of Nocooler for some heads and a cam and shot for low 12's myself.

I'm still thinking about a 50 shot but not till I get the '60's back down. 13.0 @ 106 is at least 12.8's with a '60 better than 1.9.

Again I'm glad to hear it......enjoy your stardom!!!!!

Later, Christian.

Have a couple things to get the mph up, will see next spring. I think we will go that route before using Alcohol, just to see. I'm sorry to hear about the health issues, but I can relate. These types of projects I think induce stomach issues. LOL Thanks for the mention. I'm just glad it looks like we have finally figured this out and it only took about a month of tuning and finding the obvious. Keep in touch. :cool:

Originally posted by Twins

I think I'm going to let my car sit next summer and put all my extra time and cash into the Ty, then next fall beg for the help of Nocooler for some heads and a cam and shot for low 12's myself.

Later, Christian.

You buy the parts and drive it up.