three turbos

NUNLKME
Took the family to world of wheels in chicago this weekend and low and behold GNX 001 was there. This was my first for seeing the car in person of course it was awesome to see the first that actually came off the assembly line, but for a car with only 4 thousand some miles I was suprised at its condition! Don't get me wrong it was still very nice just expected something a little more pristine for that milage.However If GM is looking to keep it somewhere local I would be more than happy to park it my garage!! still very cool to see a TR bring that kind of crowd to its attention just awesome.:cool:

Took the family to world of wheels in chicago this weekend and low and behold GNX 001 was there. This was my first for seeing the car in person of course it was awesome to see the first that actually came off the assembly line, but for a car with only 4 thousand some miles I was suprised at its condition! Don't get me wrong it was still very nice just expected something a little more pristine for that milage.However If GM is looking to keep it somewhere local I would be more than happy to park it my garage!! still very cool to see a TR bring that kind of crowd to its attention just awesome.:cool:

No cell phone photo's at least? your Fired!!! hehe 8^)

I was there babysitting a car. It wasn't a TR, it was a candy colored convertiable 71' LeMans. I wish I would have known you were coming. I will post some cell pics of 001 later.

I was there babysitting a car. It wasn't a TR, it was a candy colored convertiable 71' LeMans. I wish I would have known you were coming. I will post some cell pics of 001 later.

Some babysitter! I stopped by the mentioned LeMans saturday at about 4:45.... it was totally unguarded!!!!

I thought the same thing when I saw it in Indy in '06. I guess the $$$ it would take for a concours restoration isn't really *worth it* for GM. As long as it has half way shiney black paint, your average person would never notice.

A few shots I took of the GNX at World of Wheels this weekend.

Attachments

• WoW GNX.JPG
    WoW GNX.JPG
    30.1 KB · Views: 324
  • WoW GNX (1).JPG
    WoW GNX (1).JPG
    32.3 KB · Views: 328
  • WoW GNX (2).JPG
    WoW GNX (2).JPG
    18.4 KB · Views: 336
  • WoW GNX (3).JPG
    WoW GNX (3).JPG
    23.6 KB · Views: 327
Should have hung around for when they loaded it up. I saw it loaded on and off the trailer at the BPG event a few years back. That sucker was knocking it's butt off till the oil pressure came up. She could use some fresh bearings as well! :eek:

I found a better picture.

Lego_Buick_Regal_GNX_by_SupraVillain.jpg

Should have hung around for when they loaded it up. I saw it loaded on and off the trailer at the BPG event a few years back. That sucker was knocking it's butt off till the oil pressure came up. She could use some fresh bearings as well! :eek:

Really, I wanted to stick around but was busy moving other cars (Here in KC)

Maybe that's why the hood was shut. It's got an LS1 now:eek:or it's blown up. The next person to see the car has to demand that they pop the hood!

Some babysitter! I stopped by the mentioned LeMans saturday at about 4:45.... it was totally unguarded!!!!

Oh, you got me there. I was upstairs "in da club" distracted by half-naked women .

Attachments

• IMAG0350.jpg
    IMAG0350.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 313
  • IMAG0342.jpg
    IMAG0342.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 339
  • IMAG0346.jpg
    IMAG0346.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 304
  • IMAG0343.jpg
    IMAG0343.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 308
Gnx 001

Yeah I guess I deserve to be fired for no picts. however my buddy that was with me took some I will get from him. It was a crazy morning with the kid and by the time we loaded up snax,portable dvd,dolls, coloring books, etc... for the hr long drive up north and my buddy calling wanting to know when I was leaving to pick him up ya know the drill guys I just wanted to get rolling. I tell ya though the GM rep. was more than helpful he took down the rails so my buddy could get a clear shot of my daughter by the car he even took the blown up production tag out of the trunk so my daughter could hold it for a pict. so no complaints there,sorry I missed ya JAS should have contacted ya to let ya know I was going. Was a little disappointed with only 1 or 2 other TRS other than 001, the wife has pretty much put her foot down that we will be a participant not a spectater next year, hey who am I to argue right!;)

Really, I wanted to stick around but was busy moving other cars (Here in KC)

Maybe that's why the hood was shut. It's got an LS1 now:eek:or it's blown up. The next person to see the car has to demand that they pop the hood!

Oh yea she is a rapper. When they went to load it on the carrier after sitting for the weekend, I was about 40 feet away and heard a Buick start and heard the knocking. I went over to see what it was and the guy was in the car. He took off with it knocking it's a$$ off too. By the time he got to the trailer and loaded it up, it finally stopped knocking! :eek:

Yeah I guess I deserve to be fired for no picts. however my buddy that was with me took some I will get from him. It was a crazy morning with the kid and by the time we loaded up snax,portable dvd,dolls, coloring books, etc... for the hr long drive up north and my buddy calling wanting to know when I was leaving to pick him up ya know the drill guys I just wanted to get rolling. I tell ya though the GM rep. was more than helpful he took down the rails so my buddy could get a clear shot of my daughter by the car he even took the blown up production tag out of the trunk so my daughter could hold it for a pict. so no complaints there,sorry I missed ya JAS should have contacted ya to let ya know I was going. Was a little disappointed with only 1 or 2 other TRS other than 001, the wife has pretty much put her foot down that we will be a participant not a spectater next year, hey who am I to argue right!;)

No problem, apply early too. The other GN was board member "not avg 6". It wasn't far from the GNX. The GN upstairs....?

Oh yea she is a rapper. When they went to load it on the carrier after sitting for the weekend, I was about 40 feet away and heard a Buick start and heard the knocking. I went over to see what it was and the guy was in the car. He took off with it knocking it's a$$ off too. By the time he got to the trailer and loaded it up, it finally stopped knocking! :eek:
I didn't hear it run but the GM guy was really nice. I talked to him about it Thursday and asked if I could have the one on the stand since it had the Turbo 6 on the side of the block.

gnx 001

Hey Jas yeah im pretty sure i seen that same car at a show down off of rt.6 late last year.As for upstairs I was heading that way but my daughter was freaking when them gas remote control cars were running so we went the other way.Was there more TRS up there?

Just one GN with dyno sheets from Benchmark Tuning.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 207
  • 001a.jpg
    001a.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 205
  • securedownload.jpg
    securedownload.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 207