You can type here any text you want

109 Weight??

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

scot w.

GNSperformance.com
Has anyone ever weighed the 109? I got to thinking of this the last few days and I done some searches and came up with nothing. I curious to see what the 109 weighs..

I'm looking for a weight with all the accessories on it from vacuum block to Oil pan, from pulleys to flywheel..

* What is the weight of a TH 3" Down pipe?
* What is the weight of a TE-44 turbo?

PS: If anyone has weights or can weigh this stuff for me that would be greatly appreciated.

Scot W.

109 block is 126lbs
standard crank is 36lbs
153 block is 139lbs
BMS crank is 46.5lbs

sorry, that is all I remember
Has anyone ever weighed the 109? I got to thinking of this the last few days and I done some searches and came up with nothing. I curious to see what the 109 weighs..

I'm looking for a weight with all the accessories on it from vacuum block to Oil pan, from pulleys to flywheel..

* What is the weight of a TH 3" Down pipe?
* What is the weight of a TE-44 turbo?

PS: If anyone has weights or can weigh this stuff for me that would be greatly appreciated.

Scot W.

Sorry, but a 109 block is ~90lbs, which is what the TA alum block weighs.

The stage II iron block is about 50lbs heavier like you stated. :smile:

Just weighed mine about 6 months ago (bare). It was 127# with main caps installed.

Sorry, but a 109 block is ~90lbs, which is what the TA alum block weighs.

The stage II iron block is about 50lbs heavier like you stated. :smile:
Nick, You got me baffled on this one! It's hard to believe the 109 iron block weighs the same as the aluminum TA block! :eek:

Just weighed mine about 6 months ago (bare). It was 127# with main caps installed.
Okay were getting there on the weight of a COMPLETE 109 motor. This would be Much easier if someone could just lower a complete engine on a scale for me if they have the means to do it..But this way will work.

Bare 109 iron block = 127 lbs
Stock Crank = 36 lbs

i put a complete stock iron headed engine with headers ,turbo ,starter , alternator, stock i/c and brackets on a 500lb digital scale , . except for what stays in the car like the downpipe, ac compressor the PS pump and less fluids I got 425lbs

i put a complete stock iron headed engine with headers ,turbo ,starter , alternator, stock i/c and brackets scaleon a 500lb digital , . except for what stays in the car like the downpipe, ac compressor and the PS pump and fluids I got 425lbs
Perfect!! That was Exactly what I was looking for...

PS: Can someone weigh a 3" TH style Downpipe for me?

Thank You!

OK, here's the real story Scot. As you know I have all the parts layed out down in the basement. I just now went down and weighed them.

Bare 109 block with mains attached: 127.5#
Bare 109 block without mains: 115.0#
Stock crank: 35.5#
Stock bare heads each 32.0#

OK, here's the real story Scot. As you know I have all the parts layed out down in the basement. I just now went down and weighed them.

Bare 109 block with mains attached: 127.5#
Bare 109 block without mains: 115.0#
Stock crank: 35.5#
Stock bare heads each 32.0#
Thanks Dave!

Next in line to weigh is my downpipe & intercooler/pipes and I think I will have a good idea on the front end weight of this thing..

Scot W.

109 casting bare 114-119lbs.

Back