10's at 17psi?

TurboTnZ06

Go on red!
Would it be possible to run 10's on 17psi with 21/22* timing on 100 octane with a footbrake launch? Last night went to the track: 0psi launch off the footbrake and 17psi in 1st gear and 10psi the rest of the way with an issue on the boost controller I still ran 11.6 @ 112 spewing black smoke out. The car was light to begin with at 3350 but was put on a diet hopefully down to 3200#'s or less. At 17psi this car feels as fast or faster than when it was running 125+mph on 116 race gas at 27psi with the old build. Combo is your basic 109- GN1's, 210/210 roller, stock header, TT chip, TE45a P trim, V4, 80# inj, DLS stroker, built by Don Cruz.

I think 11.2-3 would be "easy" but a 10.99 might require a tailwind. I'm going to swap the 210,000 mile stock driveshaft to the 3.5" aluminum 1350 one sitting in the garage before making another attempt to dial in the street tune. Once the Weldon 2015 goes in, I'll be able to turn it up more:D

I woudnt expect less than 10.80 at 17psi if my car weighed 3200lbs. More than possible.

How much did it weigh when you got it? What all did you remove to get it that light? I think you can do or exceed.

How much did it weigh when you got it? What all did you remove to get it that light? I think you can do or exceed.

It was 3350 from the factory with a near full tank. 3300 was the lightest it ever weighed (less than 1/8 tank) between the Ennis, Tx scale and Bandimere, Co scale with me out of the car. I have since put fiberglass bumpers front and rear, aluminum bumper shock replacements, no speakers, no insulation, lighter front seats and 17 inch alum wheels, converted to hydroboost (I think its a little lighter than the powermaster not sure though), aluminum heads, removed door mirrors and manual adjustment cables, fbody radiator, removed remote mount oil filter, my wallet is lighter now too lol!

Last year I went 10.90 @123.87 on 18 psi 100 octane. My car with me weighed 3550. Everything in my sig minus the RJC intercooler. I had an old ATR. I'm still learning my FAST system, can never get enough seat time!! The new best is in my sig. now. Slowly turning up the boost. Engine is still a standard bore 231c.i. Phil.

I went 10.6 @ 126 with 16lbs boost. TA heads/109 block/Turbonectics 70 ball bearing/200-4R off the foot brake. I believe this was with an XFI. Don't know the timing but was with Sunoco Red (Maximal).

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

I'll probably have to add some more fuel with the translator if its really making this much power with such little boost. I think I'm already at 20% more fuel in the translator since its just a single 340.

How much compression is your stroker? That can be a reason for the added power at lower boost. You need like 8-10mph more for 10s. I may have to change my mind and say you may need more than 20lbs of boost.

I don't think they are ported. They do have roller rockers on individual studs. I don't know the compression. I am probably just too excited to have had the car at the track for the first time since Feb 2006. Talked to the wife today and I got final clearance to go to Reynolds Nov 5-6, hopefully I have time to upgrade the fuel system.

11.19ET at 123.68MPH
17psi
21*
Weak 1.74 60ft(5psi of the footbrake)
100oct
3268 race weight

Looking for 10.5's with a good 60ft and some more tuning on this street set-up and 9's all out. All with a TE63-1.

Wow, what strikes me (as a newby to racing a GN) is that you ran 11.6 with zero boost on the line? What's in the technique/tune that allows that?
When I tried that I crawled of the line!