11.629 @ 115.61mph

meanchicken

gallo vicioso
Got this best in 80*+ heat at Fontana last week.

Running only 22 lbs of boost through the mufflers...couldn't get more boost due to leaks in the headers that developed a couple days before the event.

For the two 11.6's I launched at about 6-7lbs and left the trans in D.
For the 11.8 and 11.9, I launched at about 3lbs and had the trans in OD (rooky mistake:redface:).

Had the timing at 25* in 1st and 2nd and 22* in 3rd/4th
Fuel setting in the TT chip was at 131 (I think that's about 1% over the base TT setting) and O2's were in the 790's.
No real knock to speak of.

Suspension:
Comp Eng 90/10 shocks up front.
Removed the front sway bar.
Running air bags in the rear.
Upper and lower control arms are boxed.

Tim

Attachments

• Fontana LA Inv Timeslips.pdf
    56.6 KB · Views: 193
people don't realize an 11 sec car on the street can surprise a LOT of people !! :p

Congrats Meanchicken! Those are pretty good times.

Thanks.
With better air and a little more boost....there's a roll bar worthy time slip in this thing.
:D

people don't realize an 11 sec car on the street can surprise a LOT of people !! :p

That is has....that it has....:D

Just glad to finally get it to the track and get some data to back my Kill Section claims to fame.:biggrin:
I knew this GN was a mid to high 11 car...just needed to actually prove it.:D

One other thing....rather than my 26" tall Nitto 275/50/15's, I was running on some 28" tall 275/60/15 MT Drag Radials that I borrowed from Spoolfool2.

Spoolfool2 helped me out with "Drag racing at the track 101", interpreting DirectScan basics, as well as getting the car ready, and also loaned me his tires, shocks and a heavy duty WG actuator.

Initially we thought my WG actuator was too worn out to hold the boost higher than 22lbs, so we tried out his HD one.
That did nothing and later we discovered it probably has more to do with a pretty good exhaust leak at #2 flange that started ticking away a couple days before the race. I also have a suspicious looking possible crack on the weld between #1 and #3....but no audibles or carbon traces from that one.

I'll be pulling the headers off soon and sending them over to Don Wang for one of his crack proof weld treatments.:D

Then I'll take it back to the track, turn up the wick and see if I can get me-self booted for being a tad too speedy for the safety police.

I was looking at your stats meanchicken. We are not too far apart. You do have a little bit more stuff than me. Who knows we might just line em' up one day ;)

I was looking at your stats meanchicken. We are not too far apart. You do have a little bit more stuff than me. Who knows we might just line em' up one day ;)

Ya I stopped by Lou's the other day and he mentioned your 7.80 1/8th.:D
The mph is what caught my eye....you've almost got the mph to be very close to me in the 1/4....you're just in need of some 60ft improvement.
You've been modding like crazy these last couple months. LOL!

What size is your turbo?
If I do any more upgading under the hood...that'll be next for me...just a size bigger on the turbo. Before that, I'll go through the rear end and beef it up. I'ts still all original back there, and when I changed my diff lube a few months ago, I noticed a build up of clutch material on the cover magnet... so it's a matter of time before I loose the diff.:rolleyes:

I think the only glaring difference between our combo's right now is my ported heads and port matched intake.
What FMIC did you install?

what flaco calling out the ferocious chicken? :biggrin:

Ya I stopped by Lou's the other day and he mentioned your 7.80 1/8th.:D
The mph is what caught my eye....you've almost got the mph to be very close to me in the 1/4....you're just in need of some 60ft improvement.
You've been modding like crazy these last couple months. LOL!

What size is your turbo?
If I do any more upgading under the hood...that'll be next for me...just a size bigger on the turbo. Before that, I'll go through the rear end and beef it up. I'ts still all original back there, and when I changed my diff lube a few months ago, I noticed a build up of clutch material on the cover magnet... so it's a matter of time before I loose the diff.:rolleyes:

I think the only glaring difference between our combo's right now is my ported heads and port matched intake.
What FMIC did you install?

What modding? Me? Nah its mostly stock:p. The mods were ordered by Lou. He would have your answers. I gave him the green light and he went all mad scientist on me:biggrin:

Good job Chicken!!!

I'm hoping to get the track this year and think my times may be very similiar to yours. Engine is on the stand and will be ready to be dropped in the car soon!!

What modding? Me? Nah its mostly stock:p. The mods were ordered by Lou. He would have your answers. I gave him the green light and he went all mad scientist on me:biggrin:

ha!
He's the most fun when you just leave the car there and let him have at it.

Stay out of his face and he'll treat you like you were his own red headed step-child....the one he actually likes...:biggrin:

No disrespect meanchicken but I see cam/ported head cars on here all the time in the 10.7 range. Do u have a relitivly safe tune Or something

but in any note, nice run!! Wat was the 60?

Onalky he's running 22psi on a TA61 turbo which probably has the 61/57 wheels so that's pretty good IMO without knowing his 60' times. I have a feeling he's around 1.75 60ft?

The 275/60/15 is a must for us, the 50 aspect ratio is a total waste for our torque monsters.

Get that leak fixed and you can definitely pull off a high 10 with the combo dialed in. Good job, I remember your threads about this car getting spanked on the road, not anymore. :eek:

No disrespect meanchicken but I see cam/ported head cars on here all the time in the 10.7 range. Do u have a relitivly safe tune Or something

but in any note, nice run!! Wat was the 60?

My slips are attached in a PDF to my opening note on this thread. My 60's were sucking...:redface:

It definitely has more in it...but 10.70 is a long way off with a TA-61.

My questions to the guys who hit 10.70's would be:
1) What was the temp outside? It was 83-90*F in the Cali desert heat when I made my passes...prolly hotter on the track...
2) What turbo? I'm sporting a TA-61.
3) What boost? I was limited at 22psi with an exhaust leak.
4) What launch psi? I was launching at 3-7psi....7 was the most my brakes would hold
5) Transbrake? I was foot braking.
6) Launch controller? I was foot braking.
7) How many times they been to the track? This was my second time to the track (first was on the 1/8 mile a few weeks back...did a 7.40 at 92 mph) and first time down the 1/4...I'm learning fast tho'...:biggrin:

Just a few things to consider...;)

Came up with a couple more excuses...er...uh....I mean ....good reasons....for why I didn't hit 10.70 my first time out:biggrin:

Were those other guys blowing through open exhaust? I was blowing through my mufflers.
Were those guys on light weight wheels? I was running on my stock rims with heavy 235/60/15 street radials on the front.
Were those guys running on a 1/4 tank of C-16 or some other race/rocket fuel? My tank was 3/4 full with a fiddy/fiddy mix of 91 and 100 octane.

I'll keep searching for a reason why I only went 11.6's....hopefully I'm in the ball park.:biggrin:

Came up with a couple more excuses...er...uh....I mean ....good reasons....for why I didn't hit 10.70 my first time out:biggrin:

Were those other guys blowing through open exhaust? I was blowing through my mufflers.
Were those guys on light weight wheels? I was running on my stock rims with heavy 235/60/15 street radials on the front.
Were those guys running on a 1/4 tank of C-16 or some other race/rocket fuel? My tank was 3/4 full with a fiddy/fiddy mix of 91 and 100 octane.

I'll keep searching for a reason why I only went 11.6's....hopefully I'm in the ball park.:biggrin:

Im positive u have 10sec potential

drag wheels gotta make .15

do u have a lockup or nlu?

I no ur Cars faster then mine , just gets me nervous when cars with cam and heads run 115 when people like bison and Otto have been tellin me I'll trap 117-119

Hey I think I might get you from a roll. I did not know you had a fifty fifty mix of 91 and 100. I had half a tank of good old cali cheap 91 octane and denatured alcohol. Im on the prowl......

Im positive u have 10sec potential

drag wheels gotta make .15

do u have a lockup or nlu?

I no ur Cars faster then mine , just gets me nervous when cars with cam and heads run 115 when people like bison and Otto have been tellin me I'll trap 117-119

Bison and Otto know better.

I have a lock-up with a burnt out lock-up....so I unplugged the connector from the side of the trans and run without lock-up.....been driving around like that for months....:D

Aside from the stuff I listed, there is of course some mph and ET involved in the rooky driver alone.

Hey I think I might get you from a roll. I did not know you had a fifty fifty mix of 91 and 100. I had half a tank of good old cali cheap 91 octane and denatured alcohol. Im on the prowl......

YouTube - Classic Movie Line #31

:cool:

got one more daily driver that see action at every stop light even when there is no car in the other lane:biggrin: