11.99-finally

300kGN

After many 12.0x's, finally made a pass in the 11's, barely.

1.737 60'
7.702 @ 91.51 1/8
11.99 @ 113.82 1/4

Did this launching with less than 5psi, running 21psi, 26 degs in 1st&2nd gear. Ambient temp was in the low 80's. I hate the 60's, but just would not hook.
I committed to make the 11's before installing the T60BB and Cotton's/Turbonetics FMIC. Now I just need to get some better tires and finally mount the new parts in time to get some tuning runs in before Cecil.

That is awesome, once you get the first 60' taken care of, your gonna have a mid 11 second car:biggrin:

BW

nice job! wish i wasnt in michigan so i could see ur car run! stupid school! im gonna try to get my car in the 11's on street tires up here probably next weekend!

congrats!

first pass this passed weekend i went 11.87 @ 119.7mph! hahah and then she blew the headgaskets.

Way to Go!!I remember my my first 11.98,great night.Me and my friend made our first 11 sec passes on the same night he went 11.74.Never forget that day at the track.

did it knock?

congrats!

first pass this passed weekend i went 11.87 @ 119.7mph! hahah and then she blew the headgaskets.

How much boost and timing did you run? I know that day must be coming soon for mine, too. The heads have never been off the car!

11.95's!

I think this engine has reached its maximum "safe" level in the 11.9x's

Ran back to back 11.955's, an 11.98, and an 11.958 before a driveline failure.

60's are back down in the 1.67 range, does best flaring the converter with 5# launch.

I'm boosting 22-25psi and 26 timing with no knock retard. I'm just not willing to risk any more of either on this engine which has never even had the heads off!
Still diaper free!!

........ I'm just not willing to risk any more of either on this engine which has never even had the heads off!
Still diaper free!!

Now, THAT is impressive and most likely unduplicated at 300K!
Congrats!

congrats on the 11.9x's! i was not so lucky this sunday, my last run was 12.01! so close! of course im using 225 street tires netting a 2.02 60ft.!

John wish I'd seen your pass, but went looking for you and you must have left. Next year.

Jamie

John wish I'd seen your pass, but went looking for you and you must have left. Next year.

Jamie

oh sorry about that, i think i left around 3:30! yea i'll be around next year in the spring at least for a little, and then the fall again! maybe i'll have some real tires and a matching converter next time around:eek: forgot i need to weld my pass. header too!

Had I known you were going to be there, I'd have brought my extra set with slicks so you could of seen what your slip would have been with a nice sixty foot. However the track pretty much went away by about 2 or so anyway. But still a 1.7 would have been an easy 11 second slip for you.

Jamie

Had I known you were going to be there, I'd have brought my extra set with slicks so you could of seen what your slip would have been with a nice sixty foot. However the track pretty much went away by about 2 or so anyway. But still a 1.7 would have been an easy 11 second slip for you.

Jamie

well thats why i mentioned the matching converter because i was launching at 3lbs. max ive gotten before is 4lbs on the ebrake! then i launch and my turbo lag traction control unit kicks in!