12.40 with TA-49

Yeah I have the same injectors too. I always use 116 race gas and have had no KR yet. I do have a scanmaster, thats all for now. But I see you have a dump pipe I dont have one yet. I am getting MT drag radials, I was getting 1.8 sixty ft, but that was with only 5psi launch. I am hoping for some times near that.

What as your Mph?

If the Nittos were 275/50's I don't expect it was much faster than 110.

The 49/44 is faster with 28" tall tires than 25.6" tall nitto 50's.

Was the car wanting to push through the lights at launch on 5 psi?

The best Launch technique is to hold 5 psi (or what ever the brakes will hold) then rapidly floor the gas and release the brake. This will plant the DR's. If it spins and you have to pedal it, put more air in the right airbag (never pedal a turbo car, WOT or nothing)

If you have a good exhaust, the dump won't help much, but if your exhaust is stock, a dump will help tremendously.

The potential of the 49/44 with the stock motor is pretty easy 11.7's @ 116, even with a stock intercooler and 23 psi of boost, but restrictive exhaust and Nitto 50's aren't going to get there.

For J Risch I would say it just depends on how fast you want to go. Many people have went into the elevens with the TA49 so if all you want is low twelves then that is all you need but as far as gas goes I only run 116 at the track just to prvent and knock or retard.

As far as my tires there are the 275/60's but I am getting the mickey thompsons real soon but my mph was 109. It really didnt feal like it was trying to push thru the line so im going to try to get it to 10 pnds, but my exhaust is only 2 1\2 inch but there is no muffler or cat so if flows pretty easy.

As far as my tires there are the 275/60's but I am getting the mickey thompsons real soon but my mph was 109. It really didnt feal like it was trying to push thru the line so im going to try to get it to 10 pnds, but my exhaust is only 2 1\2 inch but there is no muffler or cat so if flows pretty easy.

109 mph is pretty low for a TA-49 with 22+ psi of boost with 2.5" exhaust with no cat or mufflers. A stock turbo should be this fast and a 49 is worth at least 4 mph over the stocker.

What converter are you using? Are you locking the converter? What are your RPM's though the traps?

It can probably use more timing in 3rd gear.

I wouldn't focus on the ET much at this point and do what you can to get the trap mph as high as possible, then work on the launch. You want to see at least 114 mph with your combo, minimum.

As far the the converter goes all I know is it is a 3000. What do you mean by locking the converter because like I said Im pretty new to these cars. But I do have a buddy thats helping me tune, with his programable chip, but we have just started to tune so it might take a few times at the track to get it down. Thanks

As far the the converter goes all I know is it is a 3000. What do you mean by locking the converter because like I said Im pretty new to these cars.

Torque converters are basically a fluid clutch. an electronically activated clutch was added to "lock up" and provide let slippage at cruise...... now it approached the effeciency of a manual transmission. Locking the converter is handled though the chip programming but manually locking involves adding a switch wired in so that you can lock the converter simply by flipping the switch. You must realize that by doing so, added stress is put on the clutch and locking it at WOT will reduce it's longevity....... but typically adds 2mph in the quarter mile simply by reducing the slippage between the crank and the output shaft of the trans. It's a double edged sword. Also remember that if you manually lock the converter, you'll need to unlock it again before you come to a stop. ;)

Hey Ken....it's me MikeyWE4 (REVN87). I will be joining these discussions soon. It's nice to be here with all the reliable tech talk.

Keep tuning man you still have some in it...I have a similar setup and went 11.55 and mine still has a little left in it...maybe 11.3:eek:

Im getting back into the old cars and dont need this one anymore that is why I am selling, but yeahI know it does have more in it. A buddy of mine went some 11.5"s also.