You can type here any text you want

1986 GN Stolen 10/18/2008 from Deltona Florida

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

pschoelzel

My 86 GN just got stolen a couple of nights ago at a friends house from his driveway in Deltona Florida while he was upgrading the sound system to HD Radio. I'm posting in hopes that someone might spot it. Its in great condition for the exception of minor dent on the passengers side door. It has been completely tweaked from a Hotchkis suspension to Champion racing heads to that of alky running through a PT52 turbo and beefed up transmission with a 9" billet torque converter and the list goes on. The only other markings are a University of Florida parking decal on the right rear window dated around 1988 and a US Airforce Base decal on the left lower front windshield. Wheels are stock except for the M/T ETs on stock rims in the rear. As one other person said it, feels kinda like loosing a family member and I am the original owner, please help! If you have any information contact me, Pete Schoelzel at 386-801-9428 or contact the Volusia County Sheriff at 386-736-5999, case number 08-34983. The VIN is 1G4GK4777GP439874, Thanks in advance.

That sucks did your friend not know these are hot theft cars and FL TR thefts are rampant as of now? At any rate I hope you are able to recover your car in 1 piece.

You know I saw a GN parked at a house on Ft.Smith between Courtland and Howland last week. Was this yours? The first time I saw it was on Weds and it looked like some guys were wrenching on an import in the drive. Than I saw it parked on the other side of the house the following Thurs or Friday. I didn't see it when I drove by Sat afternoon. I've been driving by that house for the last 8 years and this was the first time I saw it parked at the that house anyway.

stolen g/n

if you have some pics of your g/n you should post them, good luck and sorry to hear the bad news

Yup that was mine. Do you happen to remember what the import was. The owner of the house has a red Neon SRT4.I'll pass this on. Thanks for the info.

Can you let me know the address of the house. It was located at 136 Fort Smith when it was stolen.

Pete.

Thanks. I had no idea that they were in such high demand by the criminal types. I was definitely surprised.

Yes these cars have been theft magnets since the 1980's. Not just GN's but literally any G body car. I used to own an 86 Olds Cutlass that someone tried to break into and steal....twice. That was in 1995.

Yes these cars have been theft magnets since the 1980's. Not just GN's but literally any G body car. I used to own an 86 Olds Cutlass that someone tried to break into and steal....twice. That was in 1995.

My buddy left a 85 T-Type at a gas station parked but unlocked in the late 80's...with his large American Bull Dog in the back seat! He didn't think anything about it...120 pound big dog right and he was only grabbing a case of beer. He came back out to find the car running and drivers door wide open with his dog chilling in the front seat. Guess they got in the car, cracked the column, and got it running before they saw the dog. Apparently the thief didn't want the car *that* much.

Can you let me know the address of the house. It was located at 136 Fort Smith when it was stolen.

Pete.

That was the last place I saw it. It was Sat and the car was parked on the side of the house opposite of the driveway which I thought was kind of strange.

All of these cars being stolen around there. I would start to think it is someone on the inside, friends of all of you. If I was a resident there and the police had not caught them. I would be my own detective! Something fishy going on around there??

All of these cars being stolen around there. I would start to think it is someone on the inside, friends of all of you. If I was a resident there and the police had not caught them. I would be my own detective! Something fishy going on around there??

Shane posted in one of the stickies that it's believed to be a band of people going around FL doing this. Could even be some of the people here selling parts. :eek:

Someone needs to setup a "bait car". Catch those m'fers in the act.

Thanks everyone. So far no luck. The Sheriff's office stated that they are being stolen for parts, and if in decent condition being shipped to LA or New York. Must be a big thing down here. There is a huge car show in late November, will be looking there too.

Back