You can type here any text you want

1987 GN hardtop 710 miles ebay $29,900

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Dennis Kirban

We just posted our car on a 10 day auction with no reserve. Starting bid $29,900. Car is the real deal as one might expect from us. A 100% original example down to the oil filter that came on the car from GM which is very unique to replacements.

This car is show quality inside and out. It needs a home other than our home. If car gets only one bid at $29,900 they are the winner.

Ebay number is 260458636796 was posted tonite August 4th 2009. Could be the best deal on ebay rite now.

kirban

Owned a few over the years.....

kirban 2 cents worth

much thanz...Brett

I can never figure out how to do those things or photos....

kirban

kirban 2 cents worth

much thanz...Brett

I can never figure out how to do those things or photos....

kirban
Looks like the real deal there. That car looks brand new. Will be interesting how many bids it gets.

Simply a thing of beauty! Nice one you have there Dennis. That new car smell has to be awesome.

Molly signature series.......... cool! That reminds me, he signed my owner's manual back in 1990 or 91. We got a good laugh when he got a kick out of the clearly often used condition of the manual. :biggrin:

Dennis I always thought they came with black exhaust tips from the factory? Where they silver and painted by the dealers? School me! :cool:

kirban 2 cents worth

Concerning exhaust pipes - black or silver....

I can't honestly say for sure....I would think from the factory they are silver and dealers may have sprayed the ends in some cases...

I can't recall even though in 1987 I did buy or rather lease a GN for my wife to drive...one of the few times the payoff on the lease was a great deal!

They look better painted satin or semi black.

This car was never uncoated so we sprayed the under side satin black rest of exhaust is still silver.....1987 air is stil in all 4 tires with no age cracks in tires...you can even still see the impression of the decal on the converter.

Perhaps the rarest thing that would be difficult to find today as most owners threw them out is the unusual looking black oil filter....it is still on the car..it is not simply a regular looking oil filter painted black, but a unique appearing one with ribs on the side....

Car needs a home..and someone can end up with a great deal....with our name on it it removes any doubt that the car has any issues and not as represented. The car looks like it is 6 months old.

kirban

Just like everyone else, I wish I had the cash... This is a very beautiful car and has been my laptop desktop wallpaper for a long time.

(Sorry Dennis I poached the pics off your website for my desktop)

Ty

kirban 2 cents worth

Concerning exhaust pipes - black or silver....

I can't honestly say for sure....I would think from the factory they are silver and dealers may have sprayed the ends in some cases...

Dennis,

The cars came with Black Painted tail pipes when new. Often the black started to chip from the stones/dirt thrown up on them from the rear tires so it is not uncommon to see them silver due to owners not liking the chipped black look. Odds are when you put the car up on a lift you should see some remains of black paint closer to the muffler.

Here is a picture of my 800 mile car I had to show they were a semi/satin black color:

Attachments

• Picture 171.jpg
    Picture 171.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 1,013
$30K is a little more than I wanted to pay,
but not a lot of 710 mile cars out there.
I just put the bid in, and Im currently the high bidder.
My ZO6 could use a bunk buddie :eek:
Cant go a penny past the $30k, so Im hoping for the best.
Sending a PM Dennis

A friend of mine is interested in this car, but we were looking at the pics here at his office and noticed in the first/main photo, the car appears to have newer/non OE tires and some of the other pics look to be original tires.

Is the main photo of a different car or have the tires been changed? Please explain.:confused:

Also, it they have been changed, do the originals come with the car too?

A friend of mine is interested in this car, but we were looking at the pics here at his office and noticed in the first/main photo, the car appears to have newer/non OE tires and some of the other pics look to be original tires.

Is the main photo of a different car or have the tires been changed? Please explain.:confused:

Also, it they have been changed, do the originals come with the car too?

kirban 2 cents worth

my son may have mixed photos the car has the original tires on it that came on the car...everything is 100% factory equipment....keep in mind we have sold several hundred and the photos got jumbled....

the car from any angle inside out would pass for being 6 months old....
original window sticker goes with the car and backs it up....

tires are not even weather cracked....wheels are mint etc....again sorry for mix up on photos.

kirban

Kirban's 710 Mile Buick Grand National...

Jason's 2 cents worth... :)

Dennis, if I may, not to interupt on your thread... good catch on the person that noticed the difference on the incorrect photograph that was accidently posted on the E-bay ad. I didn't even notice the difference till I looked at it a second time around. I have been fortunate and had the pleasure of seeing this car in person twice, once at Dennis' Kirban Turbo Reunion in the fall of 2007 and most recently this past April at the Kirban Open House. It's unfortunate that pcitures don't do this car justice, simply in a word to see it in person it is stunning if you have a appreciation for original, low mileage 'survivor' cars like me. Dennis was kind enough this past April to allow me take some very detailed pictures of the chassis underneath as reference photographs to compare to my 12,000 mile survivor (original paint) 1987 Buick Turbo Regal Limited that was once part of the Reggie Jackson car collection. Although I don't profess to be a expert on Buick Turbo Regal's, I can tell you based on my unsolicted 2 cents worth and having looked at little details on it comparing it to my Limited this car is the real deal and whomever the lucky buyer is there are no suprises.

As Dennis stated the tires are the correct, original Goodyears in MINT condition and from memory are not worn or dryrotted at all compared to how I have seen some other low mileage cars...they still have the little tire wiskers on them, the valve stems are correct right down to the correct gray nibbed valve caps! The car is a timecapsule of originality underneath and looks like it just rolled off the assembly line or showroom floor. Heck, it even has what was left of the imprint of the original catalytic converter inspection decal that was placed by the factory and usually fell off (or burned off) within the first couple of hundred miles. It has the correct original rear shocks with the inspection stickers on them as well along with many other decals and items that would only be found on a car with this low mileage survivor status.

The engine bay is as factory new with the exception of the original white sided Delco battery and it even has the original black painted factory oil filter which is super rare. (Do a search and see my thread and Richard Clark's comment and detailed photographs on these oil filters that we posted last year)...they are very different and almost impossible to find and certainly add that extra (Barret Jackson word) patina to this collector status car. Again engine looks like new and in untouched condition right down to the factory fitted assembly line oil filter.

The interior smells like new and you will think it is 1987 all over again. Pop in a George Thorogood cassette tape and it just doesn't get much better then that, until of course you start the big Turbo mill up and see that LED Boost and tach gauge wiz across the bottom of the instrument cluster! The interior, is crisp as new and of course is mint, no droopy sunshades or faded material here.

So if you want the best, believe me in my humble opionion this is one of the best out there and I think you would be hardpressed to find another one being sold at a no reserve auction either on E-bay or in person at a collector car auction. Sure there are lot's of GNX's being advertised under 1500 miles all the time but have you seen the prices of them, yes sure it is a GNX but here is your chance to get in the game at something much cheaper and afordable and will escalate in value as the economy picks up and these cars become more rare. In another three three years it will offically be 25 years old...try and find one then with under 1000 miles for less then 30K in this collector car survivor class...good luck! As they say, cars are only original once and you can tell by the may the doors close so nicely and how crisp the interior looks and smells and how the engine bay gleams...this is one of the proud and few.

Although it may seem like it, this is not a free plug for Dennis and his son Darryl that are selling the car but just my 2 cents worth based on what I saw of the car on two diffrent occassions. Dennis' track record dealing in Turbo Buick Regals is second to none having sold over 300 of them and wrote several incredible books on the cars. You couldn't ask for more nicer and honest people to buy a car from, especially of this caliber. So good luck to all prospective buyers and buy with confidence! :biggrin:

Actually the picture mishap would explain why the car in the first pic has silver exhaust tips and the one in the last pic looks like they are black! :wink: :cool: Damn Herb was right again! :biggrin:

Kirban sells thru O`neil Buick and in pa. state the title has to be changed into the dealers name. This might explain this

Back