1987 Nash sittin on 19s

Nice car!I bet those people that dont like your wheels got a bunch of dubs on the shelf at home.Any grand national is bad a$$!

87nasher, rock on man! That ride is sweet and looks "Gr8" with that profile. Keep you head high because you definitely have a LOOKER.

If you guys want to see some Dubs you should see my collection - Yes, fanatically inclined!

I like it. I'm a fan of making these beeeyotches handle and big wheels is a fortunate part of that. I LOVE the look of the big wheels. I am curious how the bags do as far as handling though. Always loved the OEM steering wheel...that said I really don't like yours.

well i havent drivin the car too much since when i got it i just drove it home and parked it for the winter. and in the next few weeks im goin to be doin a t61 turbo, injectors, alchol injection, better valve springs and couple other things. should go pretty nice when done. deffinetly a show stopper. and yes im getting rid of the steering wheel. it came with the car when i got it but i have all the spare parts including the wheel. this will make alot of u guys happier.

The rims are tight, I like the five bar design. The buttons kind of throw it off though. Over all its straight. I'm young so i like big rims, you could have went bigger since you have bags.

ya i think im gonna be ordering 20'' wheels for the rear now. the fronts look awsome but the rears could be stuffed in wheelwell a little more so i must go bigger.

Ssvalleyboy said:
I'm not sure but i think some chrome Irocs (18's in front 20's out back) would be killin em.

Chrome Irocs :confused: No you definately did the right thing by getting some 3 piece wheels. Anybody can get chrome irocs... and about the "buttons" - they are modular wheels - they keep the wheels from falling apart and look good while doin' it if anything, COLOR match the centers... I think the over all look would be better. I think with a GN [with NO Chrome] that the wheels are just too "bright" -dont get me wrong i love the style and the brand - but IMO color matched centers would be the way to go. at least a dark charcoal metallic or Black - On a "T" with the stainless trim and Chrome bumpers those would be killen'em. Just My opinion

O.k. Mister Royal T- Since you have chrome on your car throw the Irocs on it, I'm sure it is a wicked combination. Secondly not all rims that have "buttons" are three piece. Some one piece rims have them just to give off the illusion that they are three piece. I've seen hundreds of them and i know you have probably seen a few too. p.s. I love your car, the options make it a major standout

Ssvalleyboy said:
O.k. Mister Royal T- Since you have chrome on your car throw the Irocs on it, I'm sure it is a wicked combination. Secondly not all rims that have "buttons" are three piece. Some one piece rims have them just to give off the illusion that they are three piece. I've seen hundreds of them and i know you have probably seen a few too. p.s. I love your car, the options make it a major standout
No Sh!t - about the buttons - I had 17x8.5 Niche Throttles with The Allen Head "Buttons" on Them - they looked fine, where one-piece AND Chrome -BEEN THERE DONE THAT - and like I said - Anybody can get Chrome Irocs the cost is reasonable and they dont have to assemble anything. 3-piece wheels are built to spec and usually take weeks or months to get. Like i said - MY OPINION - you cant beat color matched centers on a BLACK Car - MY OPINION - that's why I chose to put 3piece wheels with Gold centers on my car because I like'em - i dont care if anyone else on this entire board likes'em I do - here a pic of the old one piece and new 3 piece. Sorry to hi jack thread either way your car looks awesome - except the steering wheel ;) - and your ASANTIs are tiiight.

Attachments

• Old wheels.jpg
    Old wheels.jpg
    166.4 KB · Views: 226
  • #1.jpg
    #1.jpg
    181.6 KB · Views: 231
I dig it NASHER! But thats the way I roll! I Like Turbo Buicks with many different looks, So props on being different then everyone! It looks sick with the air out! :eek:

87nasher said:
ok i see u guys are not fond of flashy wheels so how about these!!

oh yay! another TR with the same friggin wheels and big'n little tires. for cruzin stick with the low pro's dude.dont listen to these old farts who probably rock mullets still(just kidding....but not really)G bodys look bad A$$ dropped a bit. 19's are big as id go.if you had 22's or a chain sterring wheel w/13in spokes then id worry.im setting my GN up lowerd a little with 18's or 19's for crusin and then i'll just swap my slicks and skinnys on for a race. sweet ride.

Awesome car.....Im not in love with the steering wheel either, but the wheels look great on the car.

Regi

I like it, can you space the fronts out any? They look narrow like they are drag skinnys... The Air really lifts it alot, cool look for sure. I give it two thumbs up...If I had three thumbs I'd do that just for being different. Me, you 87 nasher, and Hybrid T beat a different drum.

bagwan

There is no reason why it shouldn't handle quite well with bags.The thing with bags is, the spring weight totally depends on how much air is in the bag.plus they transfer weight side to side more freely than coil springs.the trick(IMO) to getting a bagged' car to handle well, is to use the absolutely BIGGEST SWAY BARS you can physicaly stuff up under the car.That will keep the car off the door handles when it's stuffed up in a corner.Car looks bitchin',by the way.I dig big wheels stuffed up under non flaired wheel wells.

They Look Good To Me

Alot of people just like the traditional look and thats still cool :) , but look at all the new cars that Chip Foose and others even the Big 3 are doing Big Boy Wheels :wink: . People can call it Ghetto if they want but its all up to the person and personality :cool: . I Think 20s are two big for our cars :eek: and I will not put them on there, but your 19s tucked looked good. Me personally I like keeping it Black, All Black and I may just do that with something similar. Do they rub the inner frame in the front bad?