1987 pro-touring grand national, from the ground up

hello; Dsapper, with the seats your talking about getting braces fabbed up for sale correct? And if it is what seats would that able me to use? Why I ask is my drivers seat has a twist and or bend in so I kinda lean to the right. I am interested.
IBBY

My drivers seat is the same way..does anyone make a replacement?

Can't wait to see the finished product here. Beautiful build.

I posted earlier that I will be recovering those along with the rest of the cloth in the car after mockup. Just using the covers on them for now so we dont damage finished products

Ok I musta missed that. I was worried there for a second. Carry on. lol

Won't be running by then but your more than welcome to swing by and see it, I'll be at SEMA too on Wednesday. Ill grab a few pictures for you guys

I think I still have your number. I'll give you a call if I can get away between the show and meetings. Would be really cool to see the car and meet up.

Peter

Anyone know of a high quality fiberglass hood besides the hartline? I've been trying to order from them for awhile and cant actually buy it lol, silly but true. I don't think they like shipping them. Hoping someone has a good recommendation for another one.

So I had some time last night and wrapped the black chrome pieces of the gotham steering wheel in the 3M carbon wrap, this is what it looked like before

rsz_gotham_2 (1).jpg

Then after a few hours of cussing

IMG_0681.jpg
IMG_0682.jpg
IMG_0683.jpg

I spent today out at SEMA and so did the shop working on the car so no updates, some crazy stuff out there though!

hello; dsapper, looks like your getting pretty good with that vinyl. I see a new job in your future? I've only scene a couple of vinyl jobs being applyed for brief ammounts of time but there is some experiance needed. Like window tinting.
IBBY

hello; jlat, its not that hard. Its very forgiving but there is no way I would do it for a living, kind of tedious.

Stopped by today, the front end is hung and they are in the process of wiring the TCI 6x transmission up. Its coming along fast and a few brackets etc are still at powder coat stopping the front end from going together completely. The holes for the GNX vents are cut and both seats are temporarily mounted. The back seats are in, but they are to small width wise and way to tall. So either modifications to those seats or something with the stock seats, we shall see when I talk to the interior guy.

IMG_0686.jpg
IMG_0687.jpg
IMG_0688.jpg

I'll be curious to see if they can make that turbo heat blanket work. If so, it will be on my shopping list.

It looked like it would at first glance, but who knows. There is a video of a guy touching the turbo of his car after a dyno run with the shield on, so it works. Once you stab the cam sensor in there is quite a bit that can be done. Plus I think they are waiting on you in cleaning up some of the harness. Once you stop in one more time we should be close to firing it up!

I'll be by tomorrow afternoon. Are the valve cover still loose? They can go ahead and pre-oil until they get oil on top then button valve covers down. After that, cam sensor can go in.

Do you plan on cutting the inner fender to have the GNX vents flow better in the compartment like the factory GNX? I'm looking to run the G-Body parts kit but want to see it installed or an alternative. Price hurts my wallet a little for 4 pieces of sheet metal.

They are already cut out and the collars are in. They are just hard to see because I powder coated them

I`ve must have missed the post about your wheel and tire combo....can you repost the size again and what tires your running...thanks

18x9.5 in front and 18x10 in rear

Front 255 / 35 ZR18
Rear 275 / 40 ZR18

I could have gone wider in the rear but the tires I wanted didn't come in 285

Nitto Invo, I've had really good luck with them and like them alot. They stick great for a non R type rubber, great wear and almost no noise while driving. Plus they look cool lol.