You can type here any text you want

1st time out with my "t"

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

3.8L V-8 eater

Well, this was my first passes ever made in this car and my first time going down the track since 93'.....First pass was like a blurr didn't recall any gauge readings just launched lost control and got back in it!! Second pass was better although I babied it off the line cause I knew it would be the last pass I would get, so i wanted it to be a clean one...

Times:

Pass 1: 12.6 @ 115 / 2.0** 60ft

Pass 2: 11.9 @ 120 / 2.0** 60ft

A little disappointed although the trap speeds show this car can go bottom 11's

How come you are dissapointed, 11's first time out and at 120 mph is no slouch. Your 60ft needs work and then see low 11's like you say or high 10's. What were you running for boost/timing etc?

Regards,
Shev

I didn't see the "dissapointed" part......

Don't worry, a little seat time and you'll get her there!

Hey, you've got it together and you've beaten the snow. It's only gonna get better!
Congrats Tony!
Dave

My car has Patina! -and a nice door from Tony

Thanks for the vote of confidence from all!!!

I was running 22lbs of boost and whatever timing is built into Eric's alky chip which I believe is 21*/23*.....Your right need more seat time, stickier tires, and need to get my hydroboost put on. My launches were at 0 lbs of boost any more than that the tires will go up in smoke before I leave the line!!!

Good job!Are you going out again before winter?

Hi, Mike

Ya I wanted to go out again but have to chase down an electrical issue...Must have disturbed something while racing cause the car was popping and a little back fire on the way home.....Got a code 22 (low tps) and a 42 ( which has a long list of computer,EST, and ignition probs it could be!!!

Let me know if you end up going.I would like to come watch.If I can find time!

Hope you find it a easy fix.

The tracks are closed. I was hoping to get out to 42, but they closed last week.
Good job Tony. Next spring we can get some tuning done on it, and yo will be going 10's for the Buick Race.

Rob I need to give you a call about the car!! Think I have issues!!

Mike, we all need to go out and run em this spring at Norwalk that would be fun!!

Back