2-step for stock ignition systems

Bob,is there a part#for that brake peddle switch

where can I order that heavy duty switch from and how much is it?

Preliminary user manual now on line!!!!

I have been working on the user manual. The installation stuff is pretty much complete except for pics and diagrams.

The configuration and usage information is in the works.

Manufacturing is in process, we should be very close to on-schedule.

Take a peek guys and give me some feedback. (its in the Downloads section)

2 Step support web page

Bob

I like it so far, it looks like you are putting a good effort towards making this an easy upgrade for anyone.

Thanks for the hard work, I am excited to try this out on my GN. :cool:

Any chance this would work on a Series 2 FWD engine? Uses similar coil pack and module setup, it would be awesome to have something like this for launching consistantly.

Any chance this would work on a Series 2 FWD engine? Uses similar coil pack and module setup, it would be awesome to have something like this for launching consistantly.

That would be a great addition, I know plenty of people that actively drag race their Grand Prix's and FWD Regals.

I need a link to the wiring diagram to see how its configured. The unit is really flexible, so I'm 99% sure it would work.

Bob

bob, i see this in the manual

The inputs have spike suppression built in, but it is not recommended to connect them directly to a trans-brake solenoid. A relay is recommended

i was thinking of connecting the two step in line with trans brake button. This would send 12volts to the 2step box. is this a no go? i wasn't sure if your saying don't wire it to the trans brake solenoid in the trans but the button is wired to it.

other then my one question the manual looks great. the diagrams will help but its pretty straight forward and i think i can do it without them. anyways thanks for the update its looking killer

The inputs have spike suppression built in, but it is not recommended to connect them directly to a trans-brake solenoid. A relay is recommended

i was thinking of connecting the two step in line with trans brake button. This would send 12volts to the 2step box. is this a no go? i wasn't sure if your saying don't wire it to the trans brake solenoid in the trans but the button is wired to it.

other then my one question the manual looks great. the diagrams will help but its pretty straight forward and i think i can do it without them. anyways thanks for the update its looking killer

12 volts is what it is designed for, and it can take a pretty decent spike with no issue. Trans Brake solenoids kick out a huge spike when you release them (like 800+ volts), and I have not tested the unit to withstand that. If you are just using a button, and no solenoid then you are fine (as this is how the unit is designed).

Bob

man its good practice to use relays on your tbrake and nitrous anyway.its less load on the switches to hold up a relay then to hold the big solenoids up.also you get the full 12 volts to the solenoids this way as well.or at least this is what i was told and have always done it.

well, its about time for them to ship. Whats the word BOB?

Mike (fullthrottle) when they going to ship? When you going to charge my card?

All the parts are in and at the assembly company. They have promised that the units will be ready this coming week.

However, I am in North Carolina this week.

So, if the assembly company does what they have promised, the units should be shipping out to the distributors (Mike and Eric) around the 26th.

So we are close to on track, sorry for the hold-up.

Bob

No problem. I just didn't want people thinking that it is a development issue (those can drag on forever).

The units are being built, so they will be shipping very soon.

Bob

Thanks for ...

the update, I have time, rod knock:mad: seems to have my attention at the present time. Will need to save for the repairs.:frown: Wow these girls are expensive.:eek:
Thanks again Bob.:cool:

Bob showed me this product today, and I was extremly impressed with what he is doing. Thumbs up for a great product!!