2007 Bpg Buick Horsepower Nationals

opeltwinturbo

The BPG Board of Directors is excited to announce the 2007 BPG Buick Horsepower Nationals will be held on August 3-5, 2007 at the National Trail Raceway in Hebron, OH. The Board is also pleased to announce John Chamberlain has joined forces with the BPG to promote and manage this event. The BPG and John Chamberlain have combined the two summer events (Buick Horsepower Nationals and BPG Nationals) into one event – The BPG Buick Horsepower Nationals to better serve the interests of the Buick Community.
National Trail Raceway (NTR) is located in Hebron, OH, 26 miles east of Columbus, OH and 5 miles west of Newark /Heath, OH. NTR has been the home of the NHRA Pontiac Performance Nationals since 1972. For more information about NTR go to: National Trail Raceway.
It is time to circle the calendars and contact your friends. Look for more announcements regarding host hotels and event scheduling within the next few weeks. This has all the makings of one great summer event. Let’s share in the excitement. As always, we are here to have fun.
:smile:

Dang.. No Indy.... I loved the event. Looks like this will be the best BPG ever!

Hey John 62º and Sunny here Sat. Catch a plane and I'll only take 5 a side :D

Sully

so is this true ?? No INDY in 2007 ?? what gives ?? i was planning my vacation around that

Dudes! It's only 2 1/2 hours difference! And for a combined Buick event, this will be huge!! I'm definitely in.

whats another 2.5 hours .. Hell im gonna be trailering from dam near mexico anyways LOL

Don't feel bad, Shane. I was the only TSL car at Indy. Had to "step up" and run TSO.

I never went to an Event before just wondering about this class thing. I may just want to go for fun its only 3-4 hrs away from me.

Oc...

No buicks at indy in 2007?

if John is pairing up with BPG, looks like no Indy, however, I think it is a GREAT idea they join forces and foresee a great turn out. I wish it were a five day event instead of a three day event, though.

if John is pairing up with BPG, looks like no Indy, however, I think it is a GREAT idea they join forces and foresee a great turn out. I wish it were a five day event instead of a three day event, though.

Ray: Lots of guys are going to show up on Wednesday for the local Wednesday night program. Thursday you can sight see then attend the cruise in Thursday night. If we get the turnout and support in 07, maybe we will make a five day event for 08. Its up to you!:smile:

The 2007 Buick Horsepower Nationals will tentatively be held from June 29th, 2007 through July 1st, 2007, and will feature three days of drag racing at the home of the US Nationals, along with the big car show Saturday morning, which we encourage all classic Buicks to attend. Held at a world-class facility, Indianapolis Raceway Park, The Buick Horsepower Nationals is an event for the entire family. Children under the age of 16 get into the event free with their parents. We think it's important to make an impression on a younger generation, and keep the spirit of our hobby alive. Not only that, but it's nice to save Mom and Dad a few dollars along the way, too!

Ticketing

Spectator tickets are available at the door, priced at $15 each day, for all days.

In changing with the times, we are going to do away with those annoying pre-registration fees. We tried this last year and put all pre-registrants in several drawings. Although this worked out well, it is a lot of extra work in co-ordinating this, getting raffle winnings pulled together, and so on. Instead, for the 2007 event, you'll be able to purchase race tickets for $40 per car and driver entry , per day of racing. And, if you WOULD like to pre-register so that everything is more streamlined for you, we will offer our thanks to you by discounting the car and driver race fee to $35 per day. Participation in the car show is $30 on Saturday for car and driver, $25 pre-registered. AND, even if you don't have a Buick, feel free to come put your classy car in the show on Saturday morning. Let's see how many non- Buicks we can get! We will be awarding 6 director's choice awards to the non-Buick cars! Non-Buick car owners will pay $30 car and driver and spectators will get the same $15 gate fee as our Horsepower guests! BRING YOUR CAR!