You can type here any text you want

275 50 15 on stock rims

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

blackdeathtrap

smoking six barrel
got my tires now before i put em on my stock rims i wanna know what size spacer will i need to run these babys so i can finaly get traction.
car got eibach springs all around stock rims 275 50 15 will they fit will a 1\2 spacer be to much seems thats what rjc ran on the car but his wasnt lowerd and the inside of the fender lips are cut clean off flush with the inside of fender

got my tires now before i put em on my stock rims i wanna know what size spacer will i need to run these babys so i can finaly get traction.
car got eibach springs all around stock rims 275 50 15 will they fit will a 1\2 spacer be to much seems thats what rjc ran on the car but his wasnt lowerd and the inside of the fender lips are cut clean off flush with the inside of fender

You probably won't need any spacers.

These are 275 60 15 on stock T wheels. Plenty of room all around.

DSCN0736.jpg

One side may rub the frame in turns. But if they are on the stock rim (7") they are gonna crown and wear out in the middle .

there only gonna be on there for one season im upgrading to aluminum rims this winter and i dont drive it very very far
and the rjc had em on stock untouched rims for long time dos any on eknow aprox size of spacers needs to niether side rubs

1/2" spacers whould be enough with GN wheels.

T-type wheels have slightly less back spacing and won't rub in a straight line, even without spacers, but probably will in hard corners.
My car was lowered too. Since it's frame rub, lowering doesn't change much.

275/60's are a little narrower than 50's and usually rub the frame less... but are more likely to catch on the fender trim, because they are taller.

tires are already here so its gonna be 50s gonna order 1/2 spacers fender lips are already cut off should fit perfect now

I can't speak for t-type wheels but as for GN steels you won't need any spacers! That is assuming the body and rear end are aligned properly, which a lot of GN's were not. I had the MT 275/50/15's DR's on mine with out any problem and about 1/4"+ of clearance between tire and frame.

Hell I have those same tires on some 15x7's that have been punched out to 15x10 with a 4.5" BS and they fit fine without spaces.

Good luck.

3 years there amazing way better then stock and a lil more then an inch in back 1.2 in the front
Thanks for the reply. I've been looking at that spring kit for my '78 Malibu. So you have no negative feedback at all? Did you lose any suspension travel or ever bottom out?

~JM~

Back