You can type here any text you want

2nd grade newbie question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

v8zcar

Now that I've got the car running (with much help from this board) I feel like I can consider myself in second grade now :D

I was finally able to do some data logs at idle and have a few questions.

1. If Target A/F is set by the user, why does it fluctuate? I understand why the Actual A/F changes, but why the target?

2. What sensor(s) show, Closed Loop ON/OFF? Run Mode ON/OFF? I'd like to see on a datalog exactly if these modes are activating according to the numbers I set them at.

3. Why is my O2 Correction constantly at -10.7% no matter what I do with the A/F tables and the VE table?

4. What's the best way to get Win 95 on my laptop that doesn't have a CDROM drive? I used to have the 30+ floppy disk set but they're long gone. I tried copying files from the W95 install cdrom but I can't copy files to the floppies, even after MaxiFormatting them! This laptop has no network card or modem, just the standard ports in the back. Help...

Thanks!
Owen

1. If you watch the target a/f table while the car is running you will see that the bubble is moving between cells of different values. The ECU interpolates (<----- 2 dollar word :D) as it crosses from one cell to the next if the values are different.

2. These actually don't exist. If closed loop is active you will see something other than 0% O2 correction. This is actually a fairly common question, maybe we can add a sensor to show this. I believe there is (was?) a sensor called Run Time that will start when you go into run mode. Never used it myself so I don't remember for sure... I'll check tomorrow at work.

3. You are richer than the target a/f ratio and the correction limit for the region of the target a/f table you are in is 10%. A substantial drop in the VE numbers should have an effect on this. You could also increase the correction limits just to see what is happening.

4. You are screwed. :D

Thanks Craig!

On #1, not sure but I think the area in question had idential values...oh well, I just wanted to know why.

On #3, I also read something about the UEGOS voltage, I didn't datalog that so I will have to see if it's giving me the 0.45v or so.
I did try to drop the VE numbers and the idle got really rough...

On #4, I wonder if I can find these for sale at a garage sale or something???

Another question, can the tables be exported to something like Excel? While I'm (pretending to be) working, it would be cool if I could pull up these exported files in Excel and compare them.

Owen

BTDT on the W95 install. You need a parallel attached hard drive with the .cab files on it! Thats how I used to do it.

You could also use a USB attached hard drive but your laptop probably doesn't have USB.

One other option (far fetched) is a parallel port Network Interface, Xircom used to make them a long time ago.

BB

Thanks,
I found something on the net that may work. It's a small piece of software that runs on XP and on DOS so I can connect any of my computers. It uses either parallel or serial so this is probably the same thing you are talking about.

Here's the link for others who may run into the same problem.
http://www.sewelld.com/Default.asp

I'm gonna use the trial version cuz it supports 10MB or 10 files before you have to restart the program.

Owen

If that doesn't work, I have the full version of W95 on floppy I'll sell you real cheap. Like $30 including shipping. If you want it, I have to MAKE SURE I still have them (I'm 99.9% sure of where they are in storage) and let me know.

Derrick

On #4. Get Laplink. That will allow you to copy the cabs to your laptop via a serial port connection. If you have some time, I will find my old DOS version when I go home. Ill send that ONE 3 1/2'' to ya. Hehe, is is a small, but efficent program.

Thanks everyone! I ended up buying the FastLynx software and got all my Win95 files onto the laptop. Started out with Win98 but at the very end, couldnt run setup.exe in DOS so had to delete everything and go with Win95.

Owen

Back