You can type here any text you want

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

dvernst

I saw a while back that someone said a 3.70 gear ratio with either 26 or 28 inch tires was a good setup. Anyone remember what it was? My stock Ring and pinion is shot, and I can't find replacement gears so a 3.70 ring and pinion I think will be my cheapest short term option. Thanks

There are thousands of firebird 3.23 gears out there. To each his own...

Jason

Ya mean 3.27's

Find someone who scraps 3rd gens.. you can pickup a used 9 bolt from an 88 with 3.27's for less than 350.00

3.70 gears and 26 in tall tires would be an awful set up. You'd have a tough time running over 110 in the 1/4 with the stock motor, no matter how many mods you put on it.

o.k. I found it 3.70's and 31 inch tall tires. Is this a good setup?

dvernst said:
o.k. I found it 3.70's and 31 inch tall tires. Is this a good setup?

Your car will look like Joe Dirt owns it. You'll need air shocks to keep the tires from scrubbing.. and a mullet to compliment the jacked up car.

Anyone ever put 28's on a TTA.. you feel like its a 70 Nova with air shocks. :eek:

Razor said:
Your car will look like Joe Dirt owns it. You'll need air shocks to keep the tires from scrubbing.. and a mullet to compliment the jacked up car.

Anyone ever put 28's on a TTA.. you feel like its a 70 Nova with air shocks. :eek:
Hey I got the idea from someone famous on this board. I won't say who.

June 10th, 2006, 08:21 AM
Razor
Forum tech Advisor Join Date: Jul 2001

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

set of 3.70's and a 31 inch tall tire rocks

Someday i'll change out my 3.25's..
www.alkycontrol.com
727-570-9999

Do as I say not as I do :eek:

Find an 88 GTA with a 305 V8.. rear end will be golden. No power in those tohurt anything.(this is how I did my first 9 bolt rear end)

What's wrong with a mullet? My girlfriend says Trans ams are stoner cars. :)

Add me to the list, my rear end just blew today.
So I'm to understand there are little to no 3.27 rear end parts still available shot of picking up a 88 or 89 GTA?

I have put a set of 28/11.5 on my stock wheels( et streets)

NOT A GOOD IDEA ,LOST SERIOUS MPH WITH THEM 124 down to 119

this was with stock gearing, if you have changed your gearing they may work for you

they are for sale if you know anyone that wants them $200.00

only 5 passes on them and about 250 miles

thanks JD

jdsgnx said:
I have put a set of 28/11.5 on my stock wheels( et streets)

NOT A GOOD IDEA ,LOST SERIOUS MPH WITH THEM 124 down to 119

this was with stock gearing, if you have changed your gearing they may work for you

they are for sale if you know anyone that wants them $200.00

only 5 passes on them and about 250 miles

thanks JD

Man JD I did not know they made you loose mph. My car must have been making some power to turn in 122 with the 28". Sorry about to hear about your results with them. I will be going back to a 26" DR when I get my car done. It will be at Reynolds. I am going to need some tuning help with the XFI there. :)

-Rob H.

Bobtempest said:
Man JD I did not know they made you loose mph. My car must have been making some power to turn in 122 with the 28". Sorry about to hear about your results with them. I will be going back to a 26" DR when I get my car done. It will be at Reynolds. I am going to need some tuning help with the XFI there. :)

-Rob H.

I'll lend a hand if needed with the XFI.

My car tried them out, I lost MPH. Ok.. not a problem.. how many times do we get setbacks.. not many :)

Looks like my rear end broke too. Started howling about 400 miles ago, and yesterday it started binding up.

Bobtempest said:

-Rob H.
went back to the track on runday sunday,at BMP,car has been down since may just got my heads back from champion,car is rite back to where she was before at 23lbs on mickey's went a best of 11.33@120 with only a 1.71 off footbrake
,stillworking the bugs out of the new rearend (9 inch) ebrake i hooked up.
call me sometime 941 416 7509 love to hear what going on with reynolds???????

thanks JD

Ran 11.739s / 120.8mph with ET Streets 28*11.5-16 and bad 60´s @ 1.869s. That´s with stock gear.

Back