You can type here any text you want

3rd Wide Band 02!!!!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Lorenzo

I have a buddy of mine with a new Big Stuff3 and he has knocked out 2 wide band 02. We were wondering what would cause this problem.

What WB is it?
Just quickly...If the car is run and the sensor is not powered. If the sensor is sitting down low on the pipe, (like 6.00 oclock) then condensation will hit it on start up and cook it. A lot of leaded race gas. Improper grounds. Silicone. Over rich condition...

Paul

yep like said... if you dont pre-heat the sensor before you start, if it is too close to turbo-it could get too hot, if its not clocked right it could go bad from the condensation....You could call the manufacturer if you think the controller is bad.

i used a heat sink on mine for extra protection since mine is by bend on the DP.

What WB is it?
Just quickly...If the car is run and the sensor is not powered. If the sensor is sitting down low on the pipe, (like 6.00 oclock) then condensation will hit it on start up and cook it. A lot of leaded race gas. Improper grounds. Silicone. Over rich condition...

Paul

+2 some type of contamination taking it out

Of course leaded fuel will kill a WBO2 just as fast as a heated narrow band O2 sensor.

I found an inexpensive alternative to buying the BS3 sensor from the Vendor.

The VW golf/jetta Bosch sensor is the exact same sensor with a different connector. I made a jumper that allows me to use either sensor. I bought 2 sensors from AutoZone while in BG this year. I think I paid $37.50 each.

The comments above about location/orientation are right on target. These sensor don't like condensation or being located too close to the turbo either.

Attachments

• IM002336.JPG
    IM002336.JPG
    26 KB · Views: 228
what exactly is the 02 doing,i know with my trans pro and inavtive wide band i must learn the 02 sensor or it will read eratically.

[

i used a heat sink on mine for extra protection since mine is by bend on the DP.[/quote]

My yet to be installed 3" D/P has the bung installed on the outside of the bend as well.
Please describe what and how you were able to provide this extra protection?
thanks
Jim

Of course leaded fuel will kill a WBO2 just as fast as a heated narrow band O2 sensor.

I found an inexpensive alternative to buying the BS3 sensor from the Vendor.

The VW golf/jetta Bosch sensor is the exact same sensor with a different connector. I made a jumper that allows me to use either sensor. I bought 2 sensors from AutoZone while in BG this year. I think I paid $37.50 each.

The comments above about location/orientation are right on target. These sensor don't like condensation or being located too close to the turbo either.

+1. They also have a 1 year warranty:)

Back