4L80e transbrake opinions

bluchev

What are some of your thoughts regarding 4L80E manual valve

bodies with a trans brake? who offers them and pros/cons of each

style? im in the process of decided which one to buy and id like

some real world feedback. so far ive heard that tci and rossler

offer them. anyone else? what are your experiences?

also who to go with regarding a good torque converter? roughly

3800-4000 stall. ive looked around abit and havent found much.

as far as clutch clearances go, do you guys stick with the 10 thou per clutch like a turbo 400 or do you install tighter/looser?

-thanks

I have a manual forward pattern brake but I'm trying to work a "bug" out of it that pops up occasionally.

At this time,
I would tell you to use CK's manual brake or Rosslers auto brake.

What are some of your thoughts regarding 4L80E manual valve

bodies with a trans brake? who offers them and pros/cons of each

style? im in the process of decided which one to buy and id like

some real world feedback. so far ive heard that tci and rossler

offer them. anyone else? what are your experiences?

also who to go with regarding a good torque converter? roughly

3800-4000 stall. ive looked around abit and havent found much.

as far as clutch clearances go, do you guys stick with the 10 thou per clutch like a turbo 400 or do you install tighter/looser?

-thanks

I went with the TCI brake, but I haven't been to the track yet, we're just finishing the engine up. I have a 1971 GS so I went with an electric speedo from Classic Instruments, and got the whole guage package because it looks so good.
Is this going into a GN or a Chevy, I noticed your called bluchev? If it's for a Buick you'll need an adapter for the bellhousing as the 4L80E only comes with the chev pattern.
The instructions tell you what to use for clearances, but yes go with the looser clearances in the Direct (no less than .080), use .010 per clutch for the intermediates, but not the forward-go a little tighter but make sure it still has clearance and doesn't bind! We went with 7 forward and direct redlines. And 5 Intermediates. As well as a good input and intermediate shaft(I used the early trans- the late one has a solid intermediate shaft), a HD hub and intermediate sprag.