You can type here any text you want

512 Grams per second

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Sal Lubrano

How much horsepower or what ET will this equal to. I just got a set of Motorn injectors 60/65 lbs and was woundering if a extender chip is enough 512 grams or should I go extreme extender 767 grams?
Sal

Sal Lubrano said:
How much horsepower or what ET will this equal to. I just got a set of Motorn injectors 60/65 lbs and was woundering if a extender chip is enough 512 grams or should I go extreme extender 767 grams?
Sal

1.3 CFM / 1 HP
CFM x .5663 = Gm/Sec

512 = CFM x .5663

904.11 = CFM
divided by 1.3

695 HP...

60 x 6 x .5 x.9 = 648 HP

(Be sure to double check my math)

If you can't muster a .5 BSFC then you're out of range, thou not by much.

Thou, you just might write Bob Bailey, and talk to him, since he's probably got other guys doing about what you are, and he can speak from experience about this.

I'd say the flywheel hp @ 512 gm/s will be anywhere between 450 and 640 depending on how efficient your engine is (ie what BSFC you can achieve).

You might look at it another way - 512 gm/s ought to be good for at least 24-25 psi boost at 6000 rpm, and that with a darn good flowing setup. Probably good for 28 psi boost with stockish heads and cam and a smaller turbo. So your setup may dictate whether or not you need more than that.

John

I can tell you with my setup now, I'm seeing 430-450 grams/sec at 20 psi in about 50-55 degree air. You have to remember though, if you make changes(WOT) to the translator, it will bump up the numbers so that you get a richer mixture. I have seen 502 grams/sec when I had it at 6% rich, but I knocked it down to 2% because the volt booster bumps the voltage to 15.8-15.9 at WOT and the O2s went to .890s. Atleast this is what I see happening on the many Turbolink logs I have.

Back