You can type here any text you want

5658 and 5413 help

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Have you driven the car? The fronts will need to be broke in. My car wasnt running so I jumped up and down on the front bumper and the car dropped over an inch. Otherwise I would imagine you have and issue as TA49 suggested with the front springs not sitting properly in the perch or on the control arms.

I tried your method of jumping on the bumper but no luck.:D

I think I would try and get a new set first and go from there. I didn't have to cut mine or do anything like that. All factory rubbers isolators are in place just like factory.

Problem is if they are the wrong springs who knows what spring rate they are. Could be for a 6 ton truck or something crazy stupid like that.

Car may ride like a wagon!

Have you drove the car? Are you happy with the ride? If so them you should be ok cutting them, but I sure would try a new set first.

I think I would try and get a new set first and go from there. I didn't have to cut mine or do anything like that. All factory rubbers isolators are in place just like factory.

Problem is if they are the wrong springs who knows what spring rate they are. Could be for a 6 ton truck or something crazy stupid like that.

Car may ride like a wagon!

Have you drove the car? Are you happy with the ride? If so them you should be ok cutting them, but I sure would try a new set first.

It rides just the same as the stocks did.Think im going to give it a couple of Weeks before i do anything else.

After driving it for a few weeks the front has settled down to 26 1/4" and the rear is 26 1/2".Not happy with the results but better than what it was.

how is the ride quality now?

what shocks are you running, still the KYB's, and if so, how old are they?

Bob

Ride quality is good and i still have the KYB's but not sure how old they are.They where on the car when i got it.

Ditch those KYB's! You would be better off with a set of Gabriels from the parts store.

Ditch those KYB's! You would be better off with a set of Gabriels from the parts store.

You think so.I see alot of people on the forum that use them.I've never been in another GN other than mine so couldn't know what other shocks feel like.

I have tried almost every shock available around my area aside from the Edlebrocks. The KYB's were the worst I have ever tried. I have used them on lowered cars and stock cars with the same results. Horrible shock.

Bilstein by a long shot. They are little more pricey but they are garaunteed for a lifetime. They work with lowered cars and stock hieght cars without a need for adjustment. Well worth every penny!

By the way, how did the car settle? I would really appreciate it if you could give me your tire size and measure from the ground to the top of the wheel well molding.

Bilstein by a long shot. They are little more pricey but they are garaunteed for a lifetime. They work with lowered cars and stock hieght cars without a need for adjustment. Well worth every penny!

By the way, how did the car settle? I would really appreciate it if you could give me your tire size and measure from the ground to the top of the wheel well molding.

After driving it for a few weeks the front has settled down to 26 1/4" and the rear is 26 1/2".Front tires are 245-40-18 and rear 275-35-18.

Cool! Thats the same size front tire I have on my car. Sounds like the spring dropped perfect! My car sit at 25.5" but I run the ATS spindle which drops it another 7/8"! Post up a pic if you get a chance, I'm sure we all would love to see it!

Here are a few dusty pics.

GNII001.jpg

GNII006.jpg

GNII007.jpg

Wow! That is a pretty car! I think the stance is awesome! Did you post this on the 5658 thread? If you could post your results and a few pics, it would be awesome to keep a log for other people to compare. Looks great man!

Well i finally got my car looking some what where I'm happy.I was planing on cutting the front springs but got a cheap set of 245/35/19 tires for the front and figured i would give them try.Before the car measured 27 from the floor to the fender and now I'm at 26 1/4.There is still a gap between the fender and the tire but i am much happier on the stance.I might still cut the front springs but not sure until i install some Bilsteins and if it rides smooth I'm going to leave it alone.Now for some pics.

Before with 255/40
HREs005.jpg

Now with 245/35
245-35-10004-1.jpg

245-35-10016-1.jpg

Back