You can type here any text you want

79 Mali Swap...piks

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

tbkustomz

Turbo_T
WIRED UP THE DASH I DIED THE GN DASHBOARD BLACK ......
tb1.jpg

PAINTED THE ENGINE BAY SEMI GLOSS......
tb2.jpg

ALMOST THEIR....
tb3.jpg

PIKS OF THE CAR BEFORE....
IMG_0455.jpg

IMG_0461.jpg

CURRENTLY PENDING SALE ON UPGRADED TURBO..NEED TO ORDER STALL AND DOWNPIPE...THATS IT

HOPEFULLY BY JAN IT WILL BE UP AND RUNNING......

lookin good, interior looks loads better! except maybe the steering wheel;) what were they thinkin back then:)

yup

thanks...im goin with the grant steering wheel since im getting the kit that allows you to take the wheel of.......more piks soon...

Vast improvement! My first car was an 80 Malibu with a 231 and a factory 3 speed manual transmission on the floor. It was a dog.

Looks nice. I take it the only proper way to do this is to transplant the Regal dash?

Vast improvement! My first car was an 80 Malibu with a 231 and a factory 3 speed manual transmission on the floor. It was a dog.

Cool... I'm building a husky then, NA 4.1L with 8.3:1 compression ported heads and a 212/212 cam backed by a 4spd Saginaw in a '78 Regal.

Nice that you started off with a black interior'd Malibu. I converted mine to black using an original interior from a 79 silver/black Malibu.

Looks nice. I take it the only proper way to do this is to transplant the Regal dash?

No. You could use the regular Malibu dash. You have to re-wire the gauges to accept the Regals wiring harness. That's what I done at first...I even kept the factory Malibu gauges with tach. BTW, I weighed an entire Malibu dash and a GN dash and the GN dash was like 4lb's heavier....don't remember exactly.

Need Help --- Wiring Info To Make A Gn Driveline Work In A Other G Body ----need Help Please Have Donar Car

help

its actually not that hard....my friend has done like 6 swaps....hes helping me out a lot....but im sure youll find a lot of help here:) :confused:

Need Help --- Wiring Info To Make A Gn Driveline Work In A Other G Body ----need Help Please Have Donar Car

you take everything out of one car, and put it in the other, pretty straight foreward till you run into minor stuff, try it out!:cool:

details on the dash please.

What did U use to color the dash. Im leaning towards doing my interior in all black. Thanx.

step by step

what i did is of course take the whole dash apart....than just wash it with soap ,,then i got a red scuff pad with thinner and did the same thing like if i washing it....after all thats done u spray bulldog all over the dash parts and dash...its like a primer for plastics and metals so it wont chip off.....then i sprayed it with the sem (land out black ) spray can its for interiors......and thats it......do the same to all plastic panels or metals and it should turn out great.....it doesnt smell like spray paint or look nasty .....if you look at my dash it looks like it came like that.....:D

Just a few questions to clarify..

what i did is of course take the whole dash apart....than just wash it with soap ,,then i got a red scuff pad with thinner and did the same thing like if i washing it....after all thats done u spray bulldog all over the dash parts and dash...its like a primer for plastics and metals so it wont chip off.....then i sprayed it with the sem (land out black ) spray can its for interiors......and thats it......do the same to all plastic panels or metals and it should turn out great.....it doesnt smell like spray paint or look nasty .....if you look at my dash it looks like it came like that.....:D

Im sure I can find that product "Bulldog" but to make it easy can U tell me where U got it and also is there a name brand on the interior paint? Ive been thinking about doing this a while and Ur pics got me motivated. I just got done using a black dye over a brown cloth door panel I had laying around and it came out super nice on a light coating. I think it will apply just as easy over my maroon interior if I decide to use it. Thanx.

Get the complete GN wiring harness and plug it in.

Then you will need to run power to the fuel pump, electric fans, and the injector harness.

Fuel pump you want to tap into the ECM and run a relay so that it kicks on for a sec and then shuts back off when you turn the key...

Add 12V to the brown wires at the relays for the elec fans...

Add 12V ign to the pink/black stripe wire at the back of the injector harness to get it spitting fuel for you...

I am pretty sure those were the only ones I had to mess with when I did my swap...

Other than that, the complete GN engine harness takes care of it.

sem

u can get all of this only at a local automotive paint store.......bulldog comes in a spray can...and the other brand is called sem and its land out black.......:cool:

Ok I got it...

Sorry I thought it was a typing mistake when I saw "sem". I should have it by noon, thanx.

Back