You can type here any text you want

86 GN with 56k turbo upgrade?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

GNbythebay

i have a 86 GN with 56k and here is what it has done. Hotwire kit bigger fuel pump 42lbs injectors with chip CAI fuel pressure regulator boost controller and throttle body plate that is it. I have 2000 to spend and was looking into getting a bigger turbo and down pipe kit offline. Would that be the best bang for my buck and if i do end up getting a bigger turbo and down pipe what things should be upgraded before that is done.

Valve springs and a converter would probably compliment those nicely. Then you may want to start saving for a transmission rebuild

Based on your previous posts I would work on getting the car sorted out and running right before doing anything else. Starting with a solid foundation is critical. You didn't mention any goals. Maybe you don't need a bigger turbo to hit it? If you hang around here long enough and absorb the wealth of information this site offers you will see there is much more to going faster than just bolting up shiny new parts. Good luck whatever you choose to do (y)

How fast you looking to go is the question? you can go pretty quick with the stock turbo.
for 11s theirs minimal changes and money spent, faster then that your gonna have to re-write a whole combo.

Based on your previous posts I would work on getting the car sorted out and running right before doing anything else. Starting with a solid foundation is critical. You didn't mention any goals. Maybe you don't need a bigger turbo to hit it? If you hang around here long enough and absorb the wealth of information this site offers you will see there is much more to going faster than just bolting up shiny new parts. Good luck whatever you choose to do (y)
i have the car running right now it was a bad coil pack. i just want something to put it over the edge something that is a functional daily driver but will get low 13 high 12's in the quarter.

That is easily done with the stock turbo. I went 12.3@108mph shifting into OD and crossing the traps at 4400rpm on 19psi of boost on a fairly nice summer day. Good tires, a chip, afpr, and I only had a 190 lph fuel pump. Everything else stock, even original plug wires.

That is easily done with the stock turbo. I went 12.3@108mph shifting into OD and crossing the traps at 4400rpm on 19psi of boost on a fairly nice summer day. Good tires, a chip, afpr, and I only had a 190 lph fuel pump. Everything else stock, even original plug wires.
X2

Do you have a scanmaster ? If not , get one and or a powerlogger . It will help us help you when you have problems , and you WILL have some kind of a problem down the road . They will also help you get the most out of what you already have , you can't tune without that info . You don't need much to reach your goals , hell my first GN ran 13.8 bone stock on Eagle GT's !! Baby steps or you'll be chasing your tail . Sam

That is easily done with the stock turbo. I went 12.3@108mph shifting into OD and crossing the traps at 4400rpm on 19psi of boost on a fairly nice summer day. Good tires, a chip, afpr,
Do you have a scanmaster ? If not , get one and or a powerlogger . It will help us help you when you have problems , and you WILL have some kind of a problem down the road . They will also help you get the most out of what you already have , you can't tune without that info . You don't need much to reach your goals , hell my first GN ran 13.8 bone stock on Eagle GT's !! Baby steps or you'll be chasing your tail . Sam
just ordered a scanmaster. My first time i went to the track i ran a 14.2 but like i said i would like to be alot faster than that. what would you suggest to get my 1/4 time down.

Alky and turn the boost up. I ran 12.90 first time to the track with the Alky control system, on stock size street tires with a stock everything from air cleaner to tailpipes except for 60 lbs injectors and chip, gutted cat(broke apart in the 90's and rattled so we emptied it) and a new set of valve springs. 26 psi, crap 2.0 60' spinning. Converter and some drag radials and in the 11's.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

An alky kit would be a must and a good chip. Stock turbos like higher timing compared to bigger ones. First time at the track I put a bit of race fuel in and couldn't hook with my 235 drag radials. Pulled a 1.97 60ft and went 12.7@107 through the stock exhaust!

Back