86 WH1 restomod

OOH...I gotta see more of this!!! Mike is a serious fabber, like myself.

what are the demensions on the upper and lower control arms, im considering building my own suspension parts,Awesome build keep it comng

11.15" center to center on the uppers. 19.25" on the lowers. They are made with 1 1/4" x .120 wall chromoly and 3/4 heims.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think it was 55 1/4" from wheel mount face to wheel mount face.

Probably not. I have 4.5" on there and built the rearend to fit them. If you want the same fit with 5.5" backspacing, you would need a rearend 57 1/4" wide. I think a stock g-body rear is 57 1/2". You would need a frame notch with either setup. Mine really needs mini tubs and some fender lip trimming to let it sit any lower.

Probably not. I have 4.5" on there and built the rearend to fit them. If you want the same fit with 5.5" backspacing, you would need a rearend 57 1/4" wide. I think a stock g-body rear is 57 1/2". You would need a frame notch with either setup. Mine really needs mini tubs and some fender lip trimming to let it sit any lower.

Im gonna set my new rearend up to fit the 275's on a 10 Vector. I'm going to leave it so I can go with the 295-55 when I notch it a little. I think the Vectors are like 3.75 rear spacing. They have a HUGE dish.

Vector 8.5" are 3 & 5/8" Donnie. If you want a pic to prove it just say so.:)

Thanks Charlie. I got a pair of 15x10's and a pair of stock T 15x7. I measured the rear spacing and its 3.75. The stock T's are also 3.75.

Ok, guys big change of plans. I'm going to buy a painted and caged roller and tansfer all my suspension and the handmade parts over to it. This is going to save me a tremendous amount of money and time.

So, all the body and interior parts from my wh1 are up for sale. That includes. Glass hood, fenders, header pannel, glass bumpers, glass bumper fillers, header panel, doors, body shell, boxed brace and notched frame, Interior panels, rear seat, decklid, spoiler, taillights, blackout trim etc. If you need something just ask.

Tada! Just like that the paint and cage is done. Not really, I bought Tom Robison's roller and put my suspension under it.

It's late, the pics suck. Maybe I'll get more tomorrow. I'm also thinking about starting a new thread, since there isn't going to be any more show car, restoration/ body work content.
CIMG1186.jpg

CIMG1187.jpg

Mike,

Good looking GN, but kind of bummed you went a different direction from the WH-1. The GN looks like it will be on the road a lot quicker than the WH-1 though. The good thing for you is that the Hot Rod Power Tour 2013 will be in your neck of the woods and maybe we can get together again. I have yet to install the tranny fittings you milled or the e-brake brackets, but I have installed the vacuum block.

Should give it a grey stripe and make it WH1. :cool:

That thought crossed my mind, but that defeats the purpose of buying this car. I can do almost everything when restoring a car except paint. Paint is also one of the biggest expenses. The new car has excellent paint and I have no desire to send it to paint shop hell.

Mike,

Good looking GN, but kind of bummed you went a different direction from the WH-1. The GN looks like it will be on the road a lot quicker than the WH-1 though. The good thing for you is that the Hot Rod Power Tour 2013 will be in your neck of the woods and maybe we can get together again. I have yet to install the tranny fittings you milled or the e-brake brackets, but I have installed the vacuum block.

Thanks. I would have liked to finish the wh1, but it was too good of a deal switching to the new car. Where is the 2013 power tour schedule? That sounds like fun if someone else buys the fuel.

The fuel cost gets forgotten about with the more fun you have. Even though the more fun you have the more fuel you end up buying....what an irony!?!
You can search my screen name or look in the Turbo Lounge. I posted the 2013 Hot Rod Power Tour there.

Power tour starts at the cryboys stadium and goes to memphis this next year Mike. First week in June if I remember right.