86 WH1 restomod

Watch the clearance of routing a downpipe down the passenger side from stock location Turbo using TRZ A-Arms. I tried them an they Contacted the my 3" downpipe!!! The arc he put's in them limits exhaust routing with cars with A/C. I returned them an went BMR's. With your A/C out you'll have more room.Just a head's up...8^)..Looks Good!

Hey Mike,
Any more updates? Man you have some crazy skills...I can only dream of making things the other hand you make it happen!!! It is an amazing gift you have.

Prasad:)

Nope, no real updates on the car yet. I've been busy with the motor. Everything is at the machine shop now. I have lots of parts piled in the car, but I'm waiting to finish one last set of headers before I get too busy on the car.

TA SE heads and a matching on center champion intake. It cut a massive pile of aluminum out of the runners to straighten them out.
CIMG0978.jpg

I got back to work on my car some this weekend. I removed the rack and pinion a few weeks ago and reinstalled the manual steering box, jeep shaft and moog drag link assembly. I also had to remake the bump steer kit, but it looks identical to the first pieces I made in this thread. The car is now TSL legal if I decide to go that route.

I bought a universal summit radiator. Part number 380331. I read here that it was close to a drop in. In my opinion it't not even close to a drop in. If you want to use the rubber radiator isolators in their stock positions, the tanks must be modified. I didn't take a picture of the radiator as delivered, but it's easy to see what it looked like based on what I modified.

As delivered the summit radiator hits the drivers side of the core support. It needed about 1" of the tank removed.
CIMG1019.jpg

CIMG1021.jpg

CIMG1018.jpg

I also cut the portion of the tank where the filler goes and angled it like a stock radiator.
CIMG1020.jpg

CIMG1016.jpg

I also bought my turbo. Its the TSM legal 71hpqh. I'm locked in now, I hope the stage block rule doesn't go away.
CIMG1017.jpg

The next two projects on my list are headers. I'm using this pile of 304ss tubing, flex joint and v-bands along with a couple RJC flanges that are already on the mock up motor. 1.5" primaries, 2" collectors, RJC 3 bolt turbo flange. They will follow a close to stock routing.
CIMG1024.jpg

Also on the list is an oil pan for my motor. It will incorporate an external pickup with a built in screen and a trap door. The red peterson filter will be used as the pickup and screen. I machined the flange a long time ago.
CIMG1023.jpg

Oil pan progress. I have the majority of the pan put together. I wanted to bend all the parts on a brake, but my friends brake really isn't designed to bend .090" aluminum. So I bent it with angle iron on my work bench. Not as pretty as I would have liked, but it will do. I still have to weld the sump to the main body, but I need to put the external pickup in it first. I changed how I'm going to make the pickup, so I have to order some more tubing. Hopefully it will be here before the weekend. I also have to put in a turbo drain bung, and a drain plug fitting.

The pan will hold a little over 7 quarts and it's no lower than the front crossmember.
CIMG1029.jpg

CIMG1031.jpg

CIMG1028.jpg

CIMG1027.jpg

Headers are fit and tacked. I want to check them on my TA heads before I fully weld them and start the crossover and merge, but the heads are at the machine shop.

Passenger side
CIMG1036.jpg

CIMG1034.jpg

Drivers side. It is very much like the ATR header, but I'll be putting a v-band right at the collector on the passenger side and the merge going into the turbo will be completely removeable. I'll be able to swap the merge between a 3 bolt and T4 flange setup and keep the everything from the collector back the same.
CIMG1035.jpg

CIMG1032.jpg

Oil pan is finished. I used the red filter a few posts up and turned that into the pickup/ filter. I looked and looked for a -16 filtered fitting and couldn't find one, so I had to sort of make my own.

CIMG1039.jpg

CIMG1040.jpg

CIMG1041.jpg

CIMG1045.jpg

Inside the pan showing the trap door and pickup. The pickup is the piece of 1.5" tube with two slots cut in the bottom.
CIMG1042.jpg

I also installed the RJC Megacooler I bought from WHITE T. I was going to build my own from a bell engineering core, but this whole setup was just a little more than a core. I like to build my own stuff, but these RJC intercoolers are hard to beat.
CIMG1047.jpg

More machined parts. I made an alternator bracket last weekend.
CIMG1049.jpg

This weekends project is to get the bumpers and bumper fillers on the car. My friend bought a cnc plasma, so I had him cut the bumper brackets for me. There are also some anti roll bar arms there, but they won't make it onto the car this weekend.
CIMG1048.jpg

Bumper brackets are mostly done, but I still have to put a tube between them for a parachute mount/ weight bar and fully weld everything.
CIMG1051.jpg

The X shaped bracket goes inside the fiberglass bumper and locates the 4 bolts, so I don't have to stick a wrench up inside the bumper to hold them.
CIMG1056.jpg

I had to roll the car outside to clean up and get a look. The rear bumper should go on pretty quickly tomorrow. I've also got a set of tinted GNS headlight and marker light covers to go on.
CIMG1050.jpg

CIMG1055.jpg

I picked up a new shop toy also. I've been wanting a sheetmetal brake for a while, but nothing ever comes up used around here so I bought a cheap new one.
CIMG1052.jpg

I finished the front bumper mounts.
CIMG1057.jpg

Got the tinted headlight covers and fog lights put in.
CIMG1059.jpg

And finished got the rear bumper and bumper fillers fit. Still need to finish the rear mounts.
CIMG1058.jpg

I'm riveted to this thread now. You ought to have some sort of unveiling party for the car and charge admission!!! This thing's going look kick A$$!!

By far the most amazingly worked Turbo Regal in the country! You are amazing man! There are no words to explain how impressed I am! Damn!:eek::D

I'm riveted to this thread now. You ought to have some sort of unveiling party for the car and charge admission!!! This thing's going look kick A$$!!

Thanks. I'm hoping it will be done in time for the tb.com nats in 2013. Anybody is welcome to come see it and give donations at any time. :D

By far the most amazingly worked Turbo Regal in the country! You are amazing man! There are no words to explain how impressed I am! Damn!:eek::D

Thanks, thats quite a compliment. There are a lot of nice cars out there, that make mine look like a beater. I hope after paint it will turn out nice.