87 Grand National, Astroroof, MINT!

Steve Petro

See 97 digital pictures at:
http://community.webshots.com/user/gto1966
Go to page 2 of the link and click on the album “87 Grand National with 49K Miles”

GENERAL INFORMATION:

This Grand National is in excellent show quality overall condition. I have owned many low mile Grand Nationals. I would line this car up with any car with less than 20,000 miles, you would be hard pressed to figure out which one has more miles. This one has the rare Astroroof (power moonroof). This maybe one of the most loaded with options Grand Nationals I have ever seen or owned. It has just turned 49,000 carefree miles. I have the complete history of this car with a paper trail a mile long to verify its mileage and history. I purchased this car three years ago from the original lady owner. This car was never used as a daily driver. This Grand National is 99% stock.

I am thinning out my collection; I also have another low mile, unmodified, documented, one owner, loaded Grand National with T-Tops that I will sell.

EXTERIOR:

The original paint has survived without checking, cracking, hazing, and peeling like most Grand Nationals have done over time. The paint does have the factory orange peel look to it. It is definitely car show worthy for its originality. This car was stored in a climate-controlled environment. This Grand National can be driven anywhere. It can be used for cruise nights or car shows. This is not a beat up drag raced car. It’s more of a show car. The only non-stock items are a new battery and Michelin factory size tires. The undercarriage is very clean with no rust on any of the floor pans. The door hem flanges are also rust-free. You can tell this car was never driven in the rain in its life.

INTERIOR:

The interior is in MINT condition. No cracks or fading. No burn holes. No stains. It has never been smoked in. It does not have any funky odors. It smells new. It does have a high-end Kenwood CD/MP3 player currently installed. The dash was not cut. I do have the factory GM radio with EQ that goes with the car. It was the top of the line radio for 1987. The Kenwood radio is hooked up to a CD Changer that is mounted in the trunk. The CD changer can be operated via remote control. The radio is the only non-stock item in the interior. All the options work perfectly, even the power antenna. The air conditioning blows ICE COLD.

MECHANICALS:

This Grand National can be driven anywhere. I have every receipt to track this cars entire history mechanically. It was serviced at the local Buick dealership. The original owner really used her extended warranty to the fullest extent. No major repairs were ever performed on the vehicle. The car still retains its original exhaust including its catalytic converter.

PERFORMANCE UPGRADES:

None. Zero. Usually every Grand National you will see for sale will have something added to it. This one is stock and unmodified!

FACTORY OPTIONS:

Astroroof (power moonroof) RARE!
Power door locks
Power windows
Power electronic trunk release
Power seat 6-way (drivers side)
Power antenna
Door edge guards
Protective side moldings
Soft Ray tinted glass
2-speed wiper delay
Electric window defogger
Front seat reading lamps
Lighted visor vanity mirror passenger side
Body color left/right remote mirrors
Tungsten halogen headlights
Headlights on indicator
Heavy-duty battery
Theft deterrent system
Limited slip differential (G80)
Electronic cruise control
Tilt steering column
Delco-GM cassette tape with AM/FM stereo with Equalizer
Concert Sound speaker system
Carpet trunk kit

Contact me at:
(248) 321-3750

Price $21,000.

Attachments

• 87 GN 49K1.jpg
    87 GN 49K1.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 626
21K :confused: :eek: Wow, I should have kept my 30K mileage cars!! I didn't know they jump that much in the past 6 months!!!!! :frown:

ummm ..don't think he asked "hey guy's whats it worth" :rolleyes: :p someone can be lookin for a moonroof GN an it will be just what he is lookin for .. Steve good luck with the sale :biggrin: God I am showing my age .. anyone want to buy an old Mustang I have had sitting in a barn for 31 years :confused:

1987 GN with Astro roof

It's his car let him price it out the way he wants!

49k Gn

this car sounds right, you should have no problem getting your price because of the car's originality and collectivity. Same as you I'm thinning my toys if not I'll definitely check this one out. Good luck.

I agree it's up to the market to decide price, not those of us on the sidelines. I hope he gets every penny and I hope whoever buys it is completely happy about their purchase. It would be a win win for everyone.

A lot of people around here seem to look down on people asking premium prices for their cars. 49,000 miles in 19 years is nothing. I have put more miles on my bicycle in that time. $21,000 is about about 7% more than the car originally sold for.......when you factor in 19 years of storage, that's nothing. They are never going to make anymore 1987 Buicks. Unmolested clean GN's are the exception and not the rule. On top of that, the factory Astroroof is a rare option that gives the benefits of the t-tops without losing any structural rigidity . If his price it too high for anyone, it will remain his. If it is to low, it will sell too fast.......the market will guide our prices.

Steve Petro said:
Did I ask anybodys opinion on price? Did not think so. Keep your opinions to yourself.
Last time I checked ,I can say whatever the _ _ _ _ I want ,until the time comes where I have to pay to keep my mouth shut,well then I still wont...just trying to educate others to keep our sport alive, why scare others looking for a mid mile car with crack head prices :rolleyes:

Good luck with your car Steve, I'm with you here. I have seen 50k-60K mile cars that put 20k-30k mile cars to shame. I can talk because like you I have had a couple. To top it off unmolested GN/TRs are getting tough to come by these days. The market will absolutely drive what a car will sell for. At this point there are people starting to line up to purchase cars like yours and they are willing to pay good money for them (and a bargain especially for what is being paid for 60s muscle). Someone would be a fool to sell a car at 15k when they could easily get 20k. So pay no mind to the nay sayers. I do however believe that everyone on this board has a right to say what they want, but I don' think it is very tactful to atempt to shoot down your post. Let them start their own post if they are going to be demeaning. Come on people show some tact, we are all friends here.

Ok, little boys who feel they must tear everyone else down to build themselves up......that's the end of the price-bashing. If you cannot contribute anything better than whining about what someone is asking for his car, then do not contribute. It serves absolutely no purpose. I will simply delete further posts to that effect. End-O-Discussion-arino.

Stick by your price Steve. The guys who have bought your past rides have some of the nicest rides on the planet and know it. Every car that I know of that Steve has had, has been a special car in some regard and always a cut above the rest in condition. In my mind that translates to real value. I wish I was in the market for a nice '87. I'm always amazed how you find these great cars, Steve. ---Terry