99 camaro gn powered

Turbo6Camaro

Hi guys new to the forum and gns. I recently picked up a 99 camaro gn powered. Upon gettin it home come to find out it had a cracked cylinder wall in the 4 cylinder. I believe the previous owner knew and screwed me. So for now I picked up a very low mile 87 gn shortblock. I put my champion aluminum heads billet cam setup and webber intake. I had Janis transmission build me a billet stage three trans with brake. It has a precision 3500 non lockup converter. For turbo I'm runnin a precision billet wheel hpq71 with a stretched stock location intercooler. PAC alky setup fast classic ecu. Etc etc the car last year put down 529 and ran 10.50s with a slipping trans. I'm goin to try to post up some pics

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    803.1 KB · Views: 835
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    459.1 KB · Views: 862
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    214.2 KB · Views: 802
Looks pretty cool. Too bad the engine was messed up. Good luck with the new combo.

Thanks guys. Car has a ford 8.8 rear end with 31 spline 5 lug axles And a ladder bar setup. I'm having the car tuned next Saturday to make my stock bottom end last as long As possible.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 550
Car looks really nice and all business!! I may be stuck doing the same intercooler location as you with my first gen. Are you ducting fresh air to it or is it getting hot air off the fans? Thanks, Scott

It's an old precision turbo and engine intercooler that has I believe it's a bowling green hood that picks up air from under the car. I cut the cowl under the front bumper to direct air right into it. Even with that big hpq 71 it's actually very efficient. I will take some pics so you can see how it's set up. I can't get a front mount because I have a big trans cooler and a big oil cooler up there. I made a really nice electric water pump setup so the only belt I have is alternator which helps under the hood.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 492
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 474
Couple more pics

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 519
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 526
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 458
The muffler in the pic of the rear end is now gone. They had it set up to look like the stock ss exhaust. Some of the engine bay pics are before I put the new engine in. I did a garage done ceramic coating on the headers that you bake on. Looks really good and so far is holding up great and all for only 20.00 lol. The pic looking at the engine from the driver side you can see the hood on the intercooler I was talking about.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 504
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 467
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 473
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 468
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 457
I bought a 77k mile engine from a good friend of mine that came out of basically a bone stock show car that he put a webber stroker motor in. The car was bone stock and never beat on. That's the bottom end I'm using it was a complete motor from pan to intake all the injectors turbo headers cam etc etc i have the entire top end minus the shortblock I was thinking about trying to sell it as a package. Do you guys think it would sell as a package or should I part it out? I also have a turbo crank turbo rods with arp rod bolts diamond .030 over pistons balancer and flexplate that is balanced I know this is not the parts section I'm just curious if this stuff is worth anything. The rods check out perfect and I had the crank polished the pistons look like brand new. I also have a rjc girdle and billet center mains I'm thinkin about letting go.

I'm going to take the heads to webber and have them deck tank and put new valve seals in them so they will be ready to go

Car looks really nice and all business!! I may be stuck doing the same intercooler location as you with my first gen. Are you ducting fresh air to it or is it getting hot air off the fans? Thanks, Scott

Looking at ic from under the car

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 314
Is the RJC girdle 14 or 20 bolt? Very nice setup by the way.

An SS Turbo? Why not, nice ride.
Your top half parts would make a great package for someone restoring a stocker or taming down an ex-racecar but they rarely end up selling that way.
I'd give it the package try first though. As far as you other goodies, yep they all have value.
Search the Parts For Sale and Parts Wanted sections to get some idea on current values.

Good luck with the `Maro :)