You can type here any text you want

a/c vent housing trim color

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

"More Boost"

Major Member
is it silver or white from factory? 87 GN
the a/c bezels in dash (outer trim) where the actual slats fit into. mine are so faded can't tell, plz

I bought a silver metalic paint pen from Hobby Lobby in the painting section ,one end has a fine point and the other has a wider felt end , which thats the end I use . I always remove the vents and make even stroke and it looks great.

I bought a silver metalic paint pen from Hobby Lobby in the painting section ,one end has a fine point and the other has a wider felt end , which thats the end I use . I always remove the vents and make even stroke and it looks great.

How do the vents come out? I am chicken to start pulling on them. :biggrin:

I use needle nose with a rag around the tip of pliers, gently pull on outter edge of top then bottom working it out slowing, mine were a little sticky I could not pull them out by hand
I did mine over 6 years ago and still look great

thanks for all the replies. i knew i wasn't the only one with this issue. just wanted to know what worked and what didn't. :)

Before you put too much effort in refinishing them G-body parts has a refinished set for $28.

Back