A Free Trick To Help Speed Up Your Power Windows.

I don't know if this drawing could help the GN community, its a drawing I make with the help of Trans Am fellows (second gen 70-81)

The power window are probably worst the GN, and I haven't took the time for a close up look at than the GN diagram, but I think they are probably similar.

The system concist of adding 4 relay to the circuit. With that done, the switch doesn't get hot, the window are scary fast compared to what I was used to.

This is my little drawing

Powerwindowwiring7lee01.jpg

and this is the result

I don't know if this drawing could help the GN community, its a drawing I make with the help of Trans Am fellows (second gen 70-81)

The power window are probably worst the GN, and I haven't took the time for a close up look at than the GN diagram, but I think they are probably similar.

The system concist of adding 4 relay to the circuit. With that done, the switch doesn't get hot, the window are scary fast compared to what I was used to.

This is my little drawing

Powerwindowwiring7lee01.jpg

and this is the result

cool. Isn't this the same as the Viper 530T?

Viper - Accessories

Here Is The Jumper Wire Terminal Connected By A Small Screw Through The Test Port. The Test Port (if You Could See Inside The Housing)is The Metal Flat End Of The Resistor With A Small Hole In It.the Screw Penetrates Through This Hole To Make The Connection.

can you not do this mod without having to take the motors out?

This post is awsome! I have had the same ole problems with my motor since I bought my T-type. Especially with the passenger window. I have to use both switches to make the pass window go up. I figured it was a grounding problem, but the windows were not on the top of my list since I wasn't 100% sure where to start looking. My doors need to be gone through anyway so now I can knock out the windows as well.

wow,they already had it figured out way back in 03.....atleast the pics will help explain and show how this is done.

YOU are the man, Gary. :D

In one of our pics I see a sign that says "carrtunz", is that your shop?

What do you think about the DEI 530T two window auto roll up / down module?

I was thinking about this mod, and I think I would still like to have a circuit breaker in-line. What about taking an ATC type fuse holder, putting it in line with your jumper harness, and using a ATC style 30amp circuit breaker (like the one you replaced with the 30amp ATC fuse)? You could make it so that you could get to it and replace it easily...???

YOU are the man, Gary. :D

In one of our pics I see a sign that says "carrtunz", is that your shop?

What do you think about the DEI 530T two window auto roll up / down module?

I was thinking about this mod, and I think I would still like to have a circuit breaker in-line. What about taking an ATC type fuse holder, putting it in line with your jumper harness, and using a ATC style 30amp circuit breaker (like the one you replaced with the 30amp ATC fuse)? You could make it so that you could get to it and replace it easily...???

yes CARRTUNZ is my store/shop.Car audio is my favorite,but right now automotive electrical work is generating alot more business:redface: .

i cant remember using the 530T,but DEI has nothing but top notch electronics.

the extra fuse/or circuit breaker will be safer,but it may add Resistance/voltage drop if isn't added correctly (ie; bad crimping,etc) the fuse replacement at the fuse block protects the entire circuit,switches and harness.its really up to you,we have alot of money and time in our cars,your idea may make the owner more comfortable.

yes CARRTUNZ is my store/shop.Car audio is my favorite,but right now automotive electrical work is generating alot more business:redface: .

i cant remember using the 530T,but DEI has nothing but top notch electronics.

the extra fuse/or circuit breaker will be safer,but it may add Resistance/voltage drop if isn't added correctly (ie; bad crimping,etc) the fuse replacement at the fuse block protects the entire circuit,switches and harness.its really up to you,we have alot of money and time in our cars,your idea may make the owner more comfortable.

Works great. Best mod ever.

http://www.directeddealers.com/manuals/ig/accessories/N530T_1-00.pdf

Guys, we are selling a similar module from our site. Turbo Window Express Have already installed them on my own GN and they work great! Complete instructions with pictures specific for Turbo Regals is included. Support a vendor that supports the board.:)

My Moon Roof is fast so I dont mind it but that pass window of mine is getting the works. Thanks to this thread I have a much better idea of what to do! Much Appreciatted!!

So how do you remove the motors from inside? I see it's attached to the mechanisim for the window to go and down. Is that what needs to be removed with the motor attached?

If that's the case, I see 4 rivets that need to be removed, correct? Anything else I'm missing?

Dannyo

So how do you remove the motors from inside? I see it's attached to the mechanisim for the window to go and down. Is that what needs to be removed with the motor attached?

If that's the case, I see 4 rivets that need to be removed, correct? Anything else I'm missing?

Dannyo

There are 3 rivets 2 of them are behind the metal in the door you will need to hole saw to get your drill bit in there to remove the motor. You will also see two small dents showing you the location of the rivets and that's where you drill. ;) Use bolts when putting the motor back in.
Please correct me if I'm wrong guys it's been awhile.