A tale of two drivers.

My car is already down bcause it decided to send a screw from the throttlebody's butterfly into the turbo. What else can it do?

Never ask that quesion!!

you should say hold my beer this is kewl!

The most rememberable thing about making a pass in Jim's car was him telling me I launched at 14 lbs of boost. I told him "So that's why it spun so bad" LOL.

Wow 14lbs!!!!

Here's the conversation.

Jim "Take my car down the track".
Me "No"
Jim "Come on, take it down the track"
Me "No, I've never driven you car before".
Jim "Take it down the track"
Me "Okay!"

Here is the story on the 14# foot brake launch. FAST showed 14# @ 3550 rpm and 100% tps. Since the two step was set to 3200, Pat said I needed to look at that rpm and see what the launch boost was. At 2900 the boost was 12.0 and at 3200 the boost was 12.7. So you tell me, what was the boost at launch?

Eric ran a whopping 9.3 @ 93 because he spun terribly at launch (and he was probably afraid of the power :)). Reason for spinning was he did a wimpy burnout like I 'used' to do.

I had my best ever et of 6.88 @ 101.4 with only 1.57 60' and 24# boost. That is still about .1 slower than what Pat had with my car. Oh well, at least I improved by .01 over my previous best et of 6.89. :)

JD--You would be too bored going so slow in my car. :)

I'd still give it a shot!!!!

Never know could get a better time out of her!!!!!

JD

my precious best et of 6.89.

31032902.jpg

Attachments

• imagesCA5DBRWV.jpg
    imagesCA5DBRWV.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 110
So the faster you get down the track, the more time you will have for other things, like taking pictures of my six second runs. :) I like your self-portrait. :)

Hi Jim, there's a Test & Tune this Sunday. Would you bring your car to the track so I can work on my launches?

I just realized that I'm going to need to brace the hood some. My car's going to suck so much it'll buckle the hood.

Don't worry JD, it won't suck as much as your car. I still have a ways to go!