AC delco fuel filter p/n Q

snail power

Just curious to know if ACdelco fuel filter GF652 is fine to use or is it strictly gf481 on a GN and/or TR

TIA,

Nck

At the baldwin filter website, http://www.baldwinfilter.com ,

both the GF481 and GF626 cross reference to the same Baldwin filter BF853.

So it seems possible the GF481 & GF626 are interchangeable, but I've never heard of the GF626.

But use caution ... for exmpl, if the GF626 was NOT rated for high fuel pressure, it could STILL cross ref to the bonafide high pressure Baldwin BF853.

Any special reason you want to use a GF626? GF481 is pretty much the standard filter (for fuel injected cars) on nearly every GM car in the last 20 years.
Did a favorite uncle leave you 500 GF626's in his will? ;)

www.acdelco.com doesn't know what a gf626 is but it lists both the gf481 and gf652 for an 87 GN. This is something new, since I looked up the fuel filter a few months ago and it only listed the 481 at that time. You can also put in a part number and get the list of vehicles that part fits, and when I did that for the 652 I got basically the same list as for the 481. I couldn't find any info on what the difference is - maybe you could email them and ask?

I dont know where gf626 came from .......I posted for gf652 and gf481 originally but regardless found out that GF481 part number no longer valid, new part number for acdelco fuel filter is gf652 for tr or gn's. Thanks anyhow guys.

Nick

The GF481 superceeds to the GF652. They are both the same filter. Sometimes Delco lets the old number depleat before acknowleding the number change.

Eric, in the old days of paper catalogs and ac/delco filters sold everywhere, you could look up the specs on each filter - length, diameter, connections, flow rating, etc. Nowadays acdelco doesn't put all that online on their website. Have you ever looked to see if they have a filter that matches our fuel line connections and pressure rating but which has a larger filter area or higher flow rating?

No I never looked. Yes your right on the paper catalogs, there used to be specs printed on paper somewhere. The only thing I can think off is maybe running down to AutoZone and see what is hanging on the hook. Any reason you would want a bigger capacity fuel filter? I would think if there was a problem someone would have had a solution by now.

Just thinking that every little bit helps, and if an alternative is available that's better and costs about the same, why not? Most guys don't realize that the factory change interval is 7500 miles, and with bigger pumps lots more fuel recirculates than before so the filter should be changed even more often. I've cured three cars of leanout at wot with filter changes, and highly recommend they be changed every other oil change.