Another disaster....

Not sure what to think.:mad:
My condolences to the families who lost loved ones… That being said, after numerous tragedies like that, I don't understand (and never will) WHY do American people still have that passion for firearms?? Don't you realize that there are too many in the hands of just about everyone?(n)

Claude.

Last edited:
...That being said, after numerous tragedies like that, I don't understand (and never will) WHY do American people still have that passion for firearms?? Don't you realize that there are too many in the hands of just about everyone?(n)

Claude.

Eh tu ??? :poop:

WHY do American people still have that passion for fast cars?? Don't you realize that there are too many in the hands of just about everyone?

Firearms are inanimate objects! Incapable of any form of action by themselves. Surely you must be capable of grasping that very simple concept.

WHY do American people still have that passion for fast cars?? Don't you realize that there are too many in the hands of just about everyone?

Firearms are inanimate objects! Incapable of any form of action by themselves. Surely you must be capable of grasping that very simple concept.

Surely you can grasp the concept of the amount of power a firearm imbues the bearer?

I can't smuggle 18 cars into a hotel and the use them kill or injure nearly 600 people from a distance of 1200 meters. So let's just dispense with that stupid argument right now. Guns are not cars.

The only argument for possession of these items is a lot of people own them, and they just don't want somebody coming and taking them away. They consider their personal property rights to be more important than other peoples' right to not get shot. People will give you any number of other arguments, but they're all easily counteracted. It comes down to people own shit, and they're afraid somebody's going to take it away.

Which is actually a sound legal footing for an argument. I just wish more people were honest about it. The outward denial makes people defensive, and then you can't have a constructive conversation with them about it.

Surely you can grasp the concept of the amount of power a firearm imbues the bearer?

Ah... Much like the responsibility of owning an automobile. There are people who are probably not responsible enough for firearm ownership. Sounds like you may be one of them.

I can't smuggle 18 cars into a hotel and the use them kill or injure nearly 600 people from a distance of 1200 meters. So let's just dispense with that stupid argument right now. Guns are not cars.

1200 meters? Who did that? Now you are just spewing non-sense.

The only argument for possession of these items is a lot of people own them, and they just don't want somebody coming and taking them away. They consider their personal property rights to be more important than other peoples' right to not get shot. People will give you any number of other arguments, but they're all easily counteracted. It comes down to people own shit, and they're afraid somebody's going to take it away.

How about the fact that the Founding Fathers of this Nation thought firearm ownership was the second most important individual right?

Which is actually a sound legal footing for an argument. I just wish more people were honest about it. The outward denial makes people defensive, and then you can't have a constructive conversation with them about it.

Now you just sound like either a Hillary or Bernie supporter. So hop off your soap-box & go pound sand! :kiss:

The information on Paddock's father may shed some light on his mental capacity.

In France I believe they killed 80 people by running them over with a large truck. We need truck control. That's a lot of power too. Slower but actually much more powerful.

When you melt your swords you will work for the people who did not.

With stupid remarks like this, no wonder why I put you in my "ignored" list a long time ago!… :poop: + :poop: !

and

The only argument for possession of these items is a lot of people own them, and they just don't want somebody coming and taking them away. They consider their personal property rights to be more important than other peoples' right to not get shot.

Yes, absolutely! (y)

Claude.

Last edited:
With stupid remarks like this, no wonder why I put you in my "ignored" list a long time ago!… :poop: + :poop: !

and
[QUOTE="Turbo6inKY, post: 3779383, member: 2013"
The only argument for possession of these items is a lot of people own them, and they just don't want somebody coming and taking them away. They consider their personal property rights to be more important than other peoples' right to not get shot.

Yes, absolutely! (y)

Claude.[/QUOTE]

Please let us know if you ever learn how to drive your own car.

Hand gun kill more people than long guns. Timothy James McVeigh killed 168 people and injured over 600 with ammonium nitrate fertilizer and nitromethane truck bomb. Crazy people who wanna kill will do so by any mean they have period.

How many were killed on 9/11?

Not a single firearm was involved.

Those intent on committing evil will find a way.

Granted, it came from 4chan (garbage can of the internet) but if you read the 5 comments by "Anonymous ID:LAbNFEtv" over @ https://archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/141096258/ dated Sept. 10, 2017, it will really make you wonder. Especially, since all the details are so unclear and with no apparent motive, it was the only thing I could think would explain such an unexplainable situation even before I came across it. People lose it all the time but is this really what it looks like? Most people would brush it off as ridiculous Alex Jones talk but right now the "nut jobs" are making lot more sense than what msm is feeding us. There's too much other political and financial agendas going on these days to believe it's that simple...some old rich dude just goes berserk out of the blue. I don't know. Hopefully the investigation will lead to something that they will actually tell us, and that's actually real but something like #HighIncidentProject really wouldn't surprise me a bit. Really sad.

ccKQa
UwbTkmu.png

comment#141100963
comment#141101703
comment#141102035
comment#141102703 *
comment#141104921 *

*edit: added screenshot

Last edited:
and he brought up shit loads of guns and wired up cameras and so on. It wasn't a spur of the moment thing , lots of planning. He may have had a vendetta against that hotel. Wanted to destroy their name, who knows?

Granted, it came from 4chan (garbage can of the internet) but if you read the 5 comments by "Anonymous ID:LAbNFEtv" over @ https://archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/141096258/ dated Sept. 10, 2017, it will really make you wonder. Especially, since all the details are so unclear and with no apparent motive, it was the only thing I could think would explain such an unexplainable situation even before I came across it. People lose it all the time but is this really what it looks like? Most people would brush it off as ridiculous Alex Jones talk but right now the "nut jobs" are making lot more sense than what msm is feeding us. There's too much other political and financial agendas going on these days to believe it's that simple...some old rich dude just goes berserk out of the blue. I don't know. Hopefully the investigation will lead to something that they will actually tell us, and that's actually real but something like #HighIncidentProject really wouldn't surprise me a bit. Really sad.

ccKQa
UwbTkmu.png

comment#141100963
comment#141101703
comment#141102035
comment#141102703 *
comment#141104921 *

*edit: added screenshot

https://www.bing.com/search?q=Sheldon+Adelson&FORM=HDRSC1

My condolences to the families who lost loved ones… That being said, after numerous tragedies like that, I don't understand (and never will) WHY do American people still have that passion for firearms?? Don't you realize that there are too many in the hands of just about everyone?(n)

Claude.

Well after today's events in NYC you better damn well have the same opinion of rental pickups, paint ball guns and pellet guns!

Have to admit the NYC incident doesn't seem like terrorism. Maybe home grown terror/crazy. I mean he had a paintball and BB gun. Doesn't seem to professional

You can't tell me that if he'd walked down a bike path with a gun and killed 8 people that the anti gun agenda wouldn't be all f*#%ing over it and use it to bolster their agenda. Seriously. But since he didn't need a gun to commit a terror act it'll be brushed off as "not actual terrorism".

It's too easy to rent trucks in this country! Tim Mcveigh got one without a background check and now this! I'm outraged!

Halloween has lived up to its reputation in New York.

Now, there may be a legitimate debate about whether President Trump is unfairly singling out Muslims in his efforts to make America safe. But when a terrorist kills Americans – this time, with a rental truck – and then shouts “God is great” in Arabic, the president’s zeal is understandable.

There is no way to protect every block in our cities, every field on our farms, every school in our suburbs. We have become accustomed to our freedom to move around as we wish, and to gather with whom we choose.

No one could have foreseen Tuesday’s sinister mission to turn a vehicle into a deadly weapon. We stroll our streets without paying attention to what’s around us, intent on reading or sending text messages, or watching videos on our phones. If we’re on a bike lane, we assume no four-wheel vehicles will intrude.

The problem is that terrorists – those whose perverted view equates God’s greatness with acts of bloodshed – know how clueless we are, and exploit our assumption that nothing bad can happen to us. And it is that careless confidence that makes us easy prey, soft victims for determined evildoers.

The problem is that terrorists – those whose perverted view equates God’s greatness with acts of bloodshed – know how clueless we are, and exploit our assumption that nothing bad can happen to us. And it is that careless confidence that makes us easy prey, soft victims for determined evildoers.

Even before the names of the perpetrator and the dead and injured are known, there will be warnings not to stereotype, not to sully the reputation of any faith or ideology. Don’t link radical Islam with terror.

Yet, New York Mayor Bill de Blasio came right out and said it: “This was an act of terror.” That was already apparent to the New York City police, whom de Blasio has repeatedly insulted as racists, and demeaned for quickly confronting the dangers of criminal behavior.

That’s the same de Blasio who pompously defied Trump’s call to dismantle so-called sanctuary cities, making it tougher for authorities to find and corral criminals. “Don’t let the terrorists change our life in any shape, manner or form,” said Gov. Andrew Cuomo, just two hours after the attack took place.

That’s right, New Yorkers. Listen to your governor. Don’t take any extra precautions in how you live your lives. Don’t admit that there are evil people in the world who want to kill you, then exhort God’s greatness. Don’t use that ugly word -- war – to describe our conflict with radical Islam. Don’t offend. And don’t defend. It might upset someone.

Trick or treat.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2017/10/31/new-york-terror-attack-dont-offend-anyone.html

PS. Anyone know why Marines are called Leathernecks?

Anyone know what prompted the development of the Colt 1911 & the 45ACP ?

JM, you make some good points, but I find it interesting how you're pointing your finger at muslims in a thread that is about a white guy on a killing spree.