Another disaster....

JM, you make some good points, but I find it interesting how you're pointing your finger at muslims in a thread that is about a white guy on a killing spree.

My last post was a copy paste of an existing Op-Ed (with a link to original article) followed by two questions. Anyone know the answers?

As far as pointing a finger at a group of people... If the shoe fits....

Perhaps that group of people should take a more active role in policing their own. Until then, the more radicalized individuals amongst that group will continue to make the rest look bad.

PS. The post has evolved into a conversation on what recently took place in New York. No white guy.

Maybe us white guys should do a better job of policing "our own"?

I'll never make any of this about race. This is about the epidemic of rogue rental trucks in this country that no one will do anything to control!

My last post was a copy paste of an existing Op-Ed (with a link to original article) followed by two questions. Anyone know the answers?

As far as pointing a finger at a group of people... If the shoe fits....

Perhaps that group of people should take a more active role in policing their own. Until then, the more radicalized individuals amongst that group will continue to make the rest look bad.

PS. The post has evolved into a conversation on what recently took place in New York. No white guy.

I'd be curious to see the numbers of americans killed by muslims in the US vs americans killed by americans in the US. We might need to start pointing the finger at ourselves.

Hell, sometime toddlers kill more american than terrorists. I for one think we should start now and take a firm position against toddlers before it's too late. - https://www.snopes.com/toddlers-killed-americans-terrorists/

Any time any minority does anything illegal there's a band of white guys claiming we should eradicate the country of "them". Viewing the world by race is never gonna help anything.

We could, however, save lives if we'd ban rental trucks! I can't believe you simpletons can't see this for what it is!

There's one group that can be blamed for most of these terrible events......Radicals. They come in all shapes, sizes, creeds, and colors. Any person, or group of persons that is twisted enough to believe in the killing of innocent people in the name of their cause must be dealt with swiftly in a harsh manor. We as a society must be willing to point when odd or potentially disturbing behavior is seen without the fear of it being looked at as a discriminatory act.

The term "leatherneck" came from the wraps Marines used to wear to fend off sword blows to their necks. AFAIK, the Colt 1911 was designed and built by JM Browning as an alternative to the then current-issue revolvers. I don't recall there being a need for it, it was just something he invented and ran by the US Gov't...

The term "leatherneck" came from the wraps Marines used to wear to fend off sword blows to their necks. AFAIK, the Colt 1911 was designed and built by JM Browning as an alternative to the then current-issue revolvers. I don't recall there being a need for it, it was just something he invented and ran by the US Gov't...

You're halfway there.

Who was wielding the swords?

The 1911 45ACP was developed after the 38 Special D/A revolver proved to be inadequate during the Moro Wars. Who were the Moros?

You're halfway there.

Who was wielding the swords?

The 1911 45ACP was developed after the 38 Special D/A revolver proved to be inadequate during the Moro Wars. Who were the Moros?

Libyan pirates (think "...to the shores of Tripoli"); Phillpino Muslims. IIRC, Blackjack Pershing was in on that...

Libyan pirates (think "...to the shores of Tripoli"); Phillpino Muslims. IIRC, Blackjack Pershing was in on that...

Both due to battle with Muslims.

Those who fail to remember the past, are doomed to repeat it.

Any time any minority does anything illegal there's a band of white guys claiming we should eradicate the country of "them". Viewing the world by race is never gonna help anything.

We could, however, save lives if we'd ban rental trucks! I can't believe you simpletons can't see this for what it is!

It is not a racial issue.

It is an Ideology and/or Mental Health issue.

Another mass shooting again yesterday...by another american born white guy. Are we going to start getting all these american born white terrorists out of America now, or are we just going to let history keep repeating itself?

Another mass shooting again yesterday...by another american born white guy. Are we going to start getting all these american born white terrorists out of America now, or are we just going to let history keep repeating itself?

OK "Lefty"... :poop:

Actually it was another MENTALLY ILL individual.

The USA used to have mental health facilities, until the leftist bleeding hearts had them closed.

You can now step off your soap-box & go pound sand!

PS. Did you happen to hear how this atrocity was stopped?

By the way you ignorant piece of :poop:.

America & American are spelled with a capital "A".

Learn it, respect it, or get the F out!

OK "Lefty"... :poop:

Actually it was another MENTALLY ILL individual.

The USA used to have mental health facilities, until the leftist bleeding hearts had them closed.

You can now step off your soap-box & go pound sand!

PS. Did you happen to hear how this atrocity was stopped?

Last I heard they were saying he likely killed himself but I suspect someone who is as well informed as you will enlighten us all.
Oh and right leaning administrations have done a great deal to reduce funds and programming to deal with mental health issues over the years and I would bet the current administration is trying to do the same. Maybe, since the highest level mental patient in the land has referred to the latest shooting as a mental health issue, that will change. I doubt it though since he has said so many truly ridiculous things when he accidentally says something smart people don't take him seriously.

People were chasing him down the road. A neighbor with a rifle and a passerby with a truck working together to help catch him. Then he crashed and possibly killed himself.